
Today is my sister Nicole's 22nd birthday. She is a wonderful sister--always REALLY excited for anything you tell her, beloved by all children of the world and sweet and kind to all human beings and small animals. Happy Birthday Nicole! She is the youngest of five sisters in my family, and I have to admit, girls rule and boys drool. Yes, there was a lot of PMS going on in our house growing up, but we survived (and more importantly our father and brother survived). Now I am super lucky because I have four best friends who will always love me, no matter what, because they have to.

You can imagine my excitement when I got two girls in a row. I envisioned them being the best of friends forever and ever. The other day I heard Maren say to Avery "No wrap jump rope around me" and I was flooded with a memory of playing a fun game with Monica and Nicole, where I tied them up to the railing in our living room and they tried to break free. Lately, after I put the girls to bed at night I stand at the door and listen to them talking to each other. It brings back all sorts of memories of sharing a bedroom with one of my sisters (I have shared with each of them at some point, so take your pick) and talking in our beds after the lights were off. I watch the girls wrestle all over the floor and I am brought back to the Parowan Courthouse and wrestling with Monica (and winning, of course) after she put her chewed gum in my hand. It is so fun to see my girls become friends. The mom in me says I should put a stop to the jump rope tying and the talking in bed and the "older sister will obviously win" wrestling, but the sister in me forbids it.
7 comments:
That may really be the cutest post I have seen in a LONG time! I love the pictures of you and your sisters, and then the one with Avery and Maren is SO PRICELESS! and of course, the singing!
What great memories and I am so glad that someone remembers what it was like to be a sister and a kid- not just the mean mommy like me!
I really can't believe how big they're getting! Maren and Avery's hair is so long! I love it. Yes, girls rule! I am one of 7 girls in my family so I totally agree!
We love when you girls share your memories of growing up. And we love the memories that are being made now with the grandchildren. What a great family we have!
Love Mom & Dad (Grampy & Grammy Grandma Dot)
Oh great! Now you are the better sister because of this birthday tribute. And, I was almost positive that I made up the game with the jump rope. I'm kind of glad that you did because now I can just tell Nicole it was your fault that I did it to her.
Cute family by-the-way. I am impressed by how clean and well groomed they all look. Good mommy!
What an adorable post! I agree that sisters are the best and I am excited to have two girls for just the reasons you mentioned. I really liked the "then" and "now" pictures of you and your sisters!
By the way, you do know that Jan 30th (the date of this blog) is not Nicole's birthday -- the 31st is.
Love ya!
Yes, I know mom, but I wrote it the night before, so even though I posted it on the right day, it showed the day I wrote it.
Post a Comment