Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Air Supply, My Love


You may have noticed that I changed my music playlist (finally). It is now a few of my favorite Air Supply songs. Yes, it is true, I love Air Supply and I'm not ashamed to admit it! Dustin hates Air Supply. I don't really know why, they sing so lovely and look so lovely, too. By the way, they are all men. They may occasionally sound like women and I'll even admit that the fourth guy over slightly resembles a woman, but they are men. In fact, as a child, I had a WICKED crush on man #1 in the picture. My sister Jen, she loved man #5. Monica, she wasn't allowed to love a man because Jen and I had already claimed the cute ones. We had multiple Air Supply records and we would just stare at their faces for long periods of time. When I was in college I had their greatest hits album, and shortly after I started dating Dustin, it disappeared. He won't admit to anything, but you do the math: Dustin hates Air Supply + Carolyn loves Air Supply + Dustin is jealous of Air Supply = No more CD. It makes sense to me. The only thing that is as much of comfort to me as Air Supply is Neil Diamond (my parents and siblings are all sighing and nodding their heads and smiling right now). For now though, you just get Air (we're on a first name basis).
Enjoy the new tunes!!

10 comments:

Tamie said...

Caroline, you will be happy to know that Brook is a Neil Diamon fan...not many know this tidbit of information on him...but it is true. if he could, and neil was in town for a concert, he would go. (along with my mom)...use this information as you like. :)
air supply is great!

Kent & Beka said...

I love this- we have been having many air supply centered conversations lately- have you seen the time life infomercial where 2 of the airsupply guys are on? They have this toxic looking lemonade in front of them- and in fact, Kent just returned an Air Supply album to the library that he borrowed... he loves them too. What's wrong with Dustin?

Lindsay said...

Okay, so your posts are always quite entertaining! I really enjoy reading them. Go Air Supply!

Rachel said...

I honestly have never heard those 3 songs!! But they are good and it kills me that you had a crush on a man that looks like he could be your grampa.

Megh said...

I love learning quirky things about people. Like that they love Air Supply. I think that's quirky... but lovable. By the way, "Wheel Gun Fin Shoe" = "We'll Convince You". And "Grass Pasta Raw" = "Grasp A Straw". Cheap, huh??

Grampy and Grandma Dot said...

We decided after reading your blog that it was time to get an Air Supply CD, and we found one in Walmart! Our only regret is that we didn't get to go to their concert years ago when they were actually in the big city of Cedar City.

Monica said...

Little did you know that I in fact DID have a crush on both boys #1 and #5 even though I was forbidden. I've always been a rebel. I didn't know dustin hated air supply. how does he feel about ario speed wagon (no idea how to really spell that) because If I am remembering correctly, around the time you started dating dustin we were playing that one song by them over and over and over... (my comment is relevent, air supply always reminded me of ario speed wagon)

Carolyn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Pulcheria said...

I also love Air Supply and I am also married to someone who doesn't appreciate their art. It's too bad we didn't ever bond over them in Logan - we could have had an Air Supply staff meeting!
Love ya!

Braithie said...

Dustin, be sure to leave out the air supply contraband when I come to visit. I will make sure that it is taken care of...