Maren (hereafter referred to as "M"): I have spiders in my belly, it hurts. (I could be wrong about that first statement--something was making her belly hurt and it is usually spiders or alligators. But the rest of the conversation should be accurate)
M: I have a belly button.
Avery: Everyone has a belly button, Maren.
M: A spider tickled my lips, Avery.
M: I have TWO lips.
M: (louder and more excited) I have two lips!
M: (really excited now) I have two lips Avery, see? One, two, three, four, five.
Speaking of belly buttons and lips, our camera broke so I can't put any new pictures of my children on here. Instead I am putting some of Avery's artwork on. I keep being amazed at how all of a sudden she can draw nearly as well as me. That is not an exaggeration. I know that those of you who have already had a four year old won't think this is that cool, but those of you with two year olds will. Also, does anyone have a great recommendation for a fairly cheap camera we could buy? It must be digital and have pretty good quality videos with good sound. Thanks for your help!

#1 King & queen
#2 Avery, Dustin & Me
8 comments:
Kids are so hilarious aren't they? I can't wait until Shelby has a sibling and I can watch them interact and have fun playing with each other. Good luck with the camera search. I have an olympus and I love it. My parents gave it to me for graduation, it's a pretty nice one, so I don't know if it would be what you're looking for. Hope you find one soon so we can see those cute kids.
The Canon Powershot series is always a safe bet. The Powershot A560 looks like a really good camera. It is only $150, will shoot in low light and does video (and it has that really cool 2.5in screen). Check it out here.
Wow! Avery's artistic abilities have now surpassed mine - I am very impressed. Good luck on the camera search!
Such an aritst! Tyse isn't too much into drawing his own pictures yet. So we don't have the beautiful family portrait... maybe someday! I can't wait for Emitt to talk more so I can record their cute conversations like yours have!
She is such a good little art-eest! I love the shoes and puff sleeves on her princess! That stinks that your camera broke! Happy shopping for that one, new cameras are awesome!
Avery, we love your pictures! Carolyn, definitely check out the Canon cameras. We've really liked ours, and Monica and James like their Canon much better than the Kodak that they used to have.
Is your cam a kodak? I have one that just has a broken screen. Maybe we can part ours together, then you will have one. Let me know.
Web cams take still as well. You an use that for dire needs.
So I've come to the conclusion that even though you named Maren Maren and not Kate, our second children have tons in common! Every picture, description, conversation you relate reminds me of Kate. I wonder what it would be like if we got our Avery's and our little sassy middle children together. I'm sure there would be quote worthy material spilling out all over the place.
Post a Comment