Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Ryan is One

Ryan had his first birthday on July 7th. I can't believe it has already been a year! Has it flown by for anyone else? Gramma Lana was in town for a week, so we celebrated by going to the zoo and having pie (I can't even think about eating more birthday cake after our Month-O-Cakes.)

My pregnancy with Ryan was my easiest yet and as a baby, he is my easiest yet (except for that no sleep thing-which, in case you were curious, he is doing much better and occasionally sleeps through the night for us). He loves to play with balls of any size, chase us around the couch, sing Itsy Bitsy Spider, and play in the dirt. He is a great eater and regularly out-eats the girls. So far he has liked everything we've given him, except mac-n-cheese. He is such a fun little boy!

Here are some pictures from the day:

Ryan watching the elephants at the zoo

Enjoying his birthday pie
Ryan blowing out his candle

Ryan opening his presents (do you see a trend here?)

10 comments:

Rachel said...

Are you sure he's 1?! Didn't you just have him? It's so crazy how fast that year went and how big he is! I love how his sisters are opening his presents!! Your family is so cute!!

Cory and Katie said...

Hey he sounds alot like Brecken.. how time flies!! are you hitting the reunion?? hope to see ya soon

Pulcheria said...

Wow- time has flown. No, I can't believe he is one already. It's a good thing he has so much help from his sisters!

Kent & Beka said...

I can't believe that! It's amazing how quickly time flies. He is such a cutie- love the smile for the elephants!

Grampy and Grandma Dot said...

Ryan looks like he really enjoyed the chocolate pie -- probably made a nice change from birthday cake. I looked and you were making a cake (or in his case, pie) every two weeks! Good thing you and Dustin don't have birthdays until October & November to balance things out! Looked like you all had a fun day. Wish we could have come -- we haven't been to the zoo in a long time. Love ya!

Lacey Allen said...

Wow a year already, yea.... it has flown by for me too. Abigail is 15 months and I am 4 1/2 months preg with #2! I find out what it is in a week. Can you believe it. I know there a little close, but it will work out. How are you liking SLC? What's new for you? Mandy and Matt Merrill.. do you remember them. They are in Texas now, but when they were in Kentucky they lived by somebody that knew you guys. Crazy hu.. small world. Anyway hope all is well and you are doing GREAT!

Anonymous said...

So cute! Happy Birthday I know the theme of the comments is wow he is one and I have to conform, that was crazy to read. Your family is beautiful.

The Davidson Family said...

Oh my heck! I am so glad that you found me. Thank Monica for me. Of course you can add us on your page! Your hair is sooo long. I miss you. Things here are good, but hectic. Anyway, yeah now we can keep in touch. I'll check back often!

Love, Janna J Davidson!

Michele said...

It seems like you just had Ryan! My how time flies and I bet it's been fun. Happy Birthday Ryan.

Taylor, Ashlyn & Kylee said...

Hey Lacey is the one who set me up a blog before she moved so she wouldn't miss out on what we were doing. I'm still learning how to do it all. She added you to my page. I hope you don't mind? I'm glad I get to see you and your fam. Your kids are getting so big. I can't wait to see you guys in a few weeks.