Monday, December 1, 2008

Our Weekend

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! We spent the big Day of Eating in Delta with my dad's side of the family. We saw long lost relatives, played volleyball, ate until we were sick and then ate some more! It was a great Thanksgiving, except that I didn't take one picture, so I can't prove any of it. That same day was also my birthday. Not just any birthday, but my 30th birthday! Yikes. Dustin and the kids made me beautiful cards and gave me some fun gifts and so it was a fine day, as far as birthdays and getting old go. We forgot to take pictures, again, so I still can't prove it. As is tradition, the next day I got up at 4:30 AM and braved the sales at Wal-Mart and Target with my friend, Brittani.
Later that day we set up our Christmas tree. And this time I took pictures to prove it!!
I actually took the finished product picture three days later, so the tree had been redecorated about 100 times, but you get the general idea. Thus far, we have only broken and hot glued about 10 decorations, and the tree has not been tipped over on any children. But we still have 24 days to go!

6 comments:

abshire said...

I'm coming up on the big 3-0 as well. Sigh. Love the pic of Ryan with the snow globe!

severts6 said...

Happy late Birthday!!

Rachel said...

Happy Birthday Carolyn! Scary big 30!!! Woot woot! And you go to Delta for Thanksgiving? We're all forced to go there every year for Danny's mom's family's Christmas party and boy, it's an interesting town!

Lindsay said...

The snow globe pic is very cute/cool. And happy belated birthday!!

Syme Family said...

Happy Birthday! After I got married I stopped counting. I have to ask Matt each year how old I am because I honestly can't remember.
It looks like you guys had fun putting your tree up. I can't believe how big your kids are getting. They are so cute. I am surprised at how good Robyn has been with our tree. I hope your kids don't knock it over.

Tamie said...

our kids got super-excited about the tree this year (with help from dad....) but its been great so far this season...i'm really trying to focus on the savior this year...we'll see how it goes.
are you guys coming to CO for christmas this year?