Spring has nearly come and gone. School (finally) got out. Avery had her last choir concert and did wonderful.
Nice, photography. I guess the most important person is there.
Mother's Day happened. I love this holiday. I got (forced) breakfast in bed, enough homemade cards to last me until next year, flowers from my yard and a gift card for a massage. I love my family.
We got a piano! And all four kids have started piano lessons from me. We'll see how long it will take until they are better than me.
For Memorial Day we went to Delta to see my Grandma. I love my Grandma! This lady is amazing. Her first husband (my dad's dad) was killed in a tractor accident, leaving her a young widow with two little children. She remarried a man with a daughter from a previous marriage and they ended up with eight kids total. She is a funny, happy, missionary minded woman, who opens her home to everyone and always makes me laugh. We kept her up too long, and at about midnight she got a little tired and a little silly and we couldn't stop laughing. Then I sent her to bed. It was at about that time that she gave me one of the best compliments of my life: "You are a lot like me, Carolyn". I'll take it!
On Monday, my parents joined us and we took the kids to Topaz Mountain, to hunt for rocks. We found all sorts of treasures and it was a lot of fun. My parents are such good sports.
It was a good thing my dad brought along every hat in his closet (and a lamp shade).
One of the "jewels".
We also had field trips and field day during the last couple of weeks of school.
And now, it is summer! And birthdays, and baptisms, and reunions, and swim lessons and all sorts of relaxing stuff!



1 comment:
I got forced breakfast in bed for Mother's Day too - ha ha! And enought homemade cards to last a LONG time.
Sounds like such a fun Memorial Day with family. I think it's so neat how you guys are so close to your grandparents.
Happy summer! I wish we could take swimming lessons together again this year!
Post a Comment