June has come and gone. And it was crazy busy. It went something like this: birthday, birthday, reunion, reunion. And I will get to all that. But first, in order to relieve my guilt about having forgotten to put this in my last post (so sorry, third child. Apparently it is a trend), Ryan graduated from kindergarten! It was quite the accomplishment.
OK, now on to the next big event. Maren turned 8!
She requested a Sugar Rush ice cream cake. By Sugar Rush, she meant tons of candy on top of the cake. I attempted to make it in to an actual scene, with a smartie path and sherbet mountains, but in the end, it just looks like candy on top of a cake. I guess I was successful. A couple of weeks later (on Avery's birthday, actually) Maren was baptized. Her cousin, Eliza, came from Illinois to be baptized at the same time, which made it extra special.
Eight years earlier, they were blessed at the same time.
When I look at us back then, I can see why people still think I'm in high school. Monica and I both look like we are too young to be having children. I was 26 1/2 and Monica was 24 in that picture, in case you were wondering.
The baptism went great and it was a wonderful morning. We are so happy that she made this decision. And so glad the Noonan's came to help make it special.
Maren has so many great qualities. She is great with little children, has a fun imagination (which helps her be great with little kids) and loves babies. She'll be a super babysitter soon. She is a great conversationalist. I love to hear how her day went because I get a lot of fun details. She thinks a lot about things and asks some really good questions. She is fun to be around and a great friend. She is learning the piano and doing a great job at it. Her reading abilities really took off last year and now she can zip through a chapter book in a day! She just lost her second front tooth and now looks like a jack-o-lantern. She is brave and impetuous, and she helps us have a lot of fun! We love our Mimi!

1 comment:
Maren is so grown up! I have had some catching up to do on your blog. Glad that things are going well and you are enjoying summer!
Post a Comment