Hola! Maren had a 9th birthday this week. And so begins the every other week birthday party at our house. Jen and Lynnette and their kids came for dinner of honey lime enchiladas, her favorite. For her cake she wanted me to surprise her. Months ago she said that she wanted a nine layer cake when she turned nine. She hadn't brought it up for a while, so I decided to surprise her with that. It was not too hard to do, and the rainbow colors made it that much more fun!
This was Maren's year for a friend birthday party and she wanted a Mexican Fiesta. I wasn't sure what to do for this theme, but in the end we found plenty to keep 10 girls entertained! First we painted maracas.
Then did a little "Pin the Mustache on the Amigo".We had to have a pinata, of course.
And we decided to have a photo booth, with the girls wearing their fancy sombreros and mustaches.
For dessert we made chocolate taco ice cream sundaes.
And then it was gifts and a little rowdiness until the mom's came to pick them up.
Maren is such a fun part of our family. She is so great with little kids and anytime there are cousins around, they are usually holding Maren's hand or following her around. She is a good friend and loves to be with her friends. Maren is pretty independent. She happily surprises us with her own thought out Family Home Evening lessons and has gotten really good at doing her own hair. She reads at a 6th grade level and I can find her reading all the time. She is doing well on the piano (even if practicing is torture for her). We love her so much!!
3 comments:
Oh I love Maren! What a fun party! Why wasn't I invited, huh?
What an awesome 9 layer cake! And those choco tacos look SO yummy! Happy Birthday to Maren.
so cute and fun party and cake! Can't believe she is that old. I remember when she was just a toddler running aggie village :)
Post a Comment