Avery had a birthday a couple of weeks ago. Her birthday was exciting because we were in Cedar City, dropping the kids off at my parent's house so that Dustin and I could go be a Ma and Pa for our Stake Trek.
Avery had wanted a new dress for her birthday, and after days of searching, we finally found something that she liked. She looks so grown up!
Another thing that Avery has been wanting is fondant on her birthday cake. I was a little nervous to try it, but in the end, it was pretty easy and she was happy with the results. Plus, I did a marshmallow fondant, so it tasted yummy.
Jen and Jeff and their kids and also Abi and Lili were also there, so it turned into a big birthday party. (As you can see, we didn't get them all in the picture).
And just before Dustin and I had to leave, she pulled a tooth out. Happy Birthday to Avery!
It is hard to believe that Avery is 11 and will be starting 6th grade in the Fall. Time is flying by a little too quickly. She is such a responsible daughter. She is a good babysitter (and I'm not going to lie, we are loving being able to leave her with the kids). She has a beautiful voice and an amazing memory for songs. We have really enjoyed listening to her sing with her school choir and around the house. She is doing great at the piano and in 6th grade she is going to start the violin. She can be quiet at times, and very not quiet at times. She is a good friend and I have been impressed as I've listened to her interactions with her friends. We are so grateful that she is in our family! We love her tons!



No comments:
Post a Comment