Sunday, November 6, 2016

Halloweens

'Tis the season of ghouls and goblins.  Here is one now!
We celebrated Halloween in one form or another about 4 times before the actual Halloween occurred.  By the time it was here, I was fighting with myself to not take the decorations down before the day was over!  I guess that is one way to be ready for a change: beat the holiday to death so that you are so sick of it and ready to move on.
One of my Halloween events was helping with Grant's Halloween party at school.  I was in charge of pumpkin bowling with another mom (she was the creative one who thought of it and brought it, and all I had to do was show up.  Nice!).  I always love being at my kid's school and being a part of what they are doing.


 For my sister Jen's 40th birthday (I am officially next in line in my family for 40!) we had a triple date to Tepanyaki and then to an escape room.  It was the first time we had ever gone out with spouses and we escaped the room and freed Houdini's ghost, so it was a successful night! 

While we were out, Gramma Lana took the kid's to a Halloween Carnival at the school she works at.
 

   Another day we carved pumpkins.  I always pick the smallest, easiest pumpkin to carve.
 The kid's always want the biggest, most difficult pumpkin to carve.

 During Fall Break we met Jen and Lynnette to look at the Witches.


 The weather was beautiful, so we took the cousins to see Dustin's park that he helped design.  We had so much fun playing there.


 


I had a couple of preschool Halloween parties.

We also had a Ward Halloween party.
 The Primary sponsored a candy walk.
 We had a Halloween dinner before we went trick-or-treating.


 And then it was finally the real live Halloween!  Lots of candy was had, we wore ourselves out walking 5 miles (according to my phone), and I promptly took my decorations down the next day.





No comments: