We had Halloween! It was a strange Halloween this year, and not in a ghost and goblin sort of way. There were very few trick or treaters, many houses with porch lights off, and overall, the feeling was that we are in the middle of a pandemic and shouldn't be having Halloween! But, those who were celebrating were happy to see our kids and dump loads of candy into their bags. So, overall, I think my kids got as much candy as ever.
We carved pumpkins! Most of these pumpkins came from our garden (minus Ryan's, because it was worth it to him to buy a huge one from Costco). The deer and mice were not kind to my garden this year, but luckily, it was a big year for pumpkins, so we still were able to have plenty to carve. And, some of them had been "pre-carved" a little bit by the animals, but that just added to their facial character.
I had to dress up for preschool the week of Halloween, and my friend was kind and loaned me an actual costume (as opposed to my "thrown together the night before" kind I usually use). I opted to not use the wig, because I was pretty sure I would scare the kids.
No comments:
Post a Comment