After our exciting and exhausting Spring Break, we got home just in time for Grant's 14th birthday! He was sick (it seems like he's often sick on his birthday). Too sick to enjoy cake, so we pushed that part off for a few days.
We gave him some gifts, and Heavenly Father gave him a beautiful sunset for his birthday.
Grant has grown so much in the last year! He is taller than me now! He is so fun to talk to. He is super smart and works really hard in school. He is good to notice people who need a friend and he's kind to them! He is such a great part of our family!
Ryan had a district band concert. They did awesome and made it to the State Band Festival. He tried out for choir for next year and made it, so he is quitting band after this year. So I tried to soak in all his concerts. I really enjoy hearing him play!
Maren had Prom!
About a week after his birthday, Grant was finally feeling like eating birthday cake. So we made that happen, but he was still not feeling well enough to have people over. He ended up being sick for a month! (He didn't miss a month of school, but it took him that long to begin feeling better). I took him in and he tested negative for covid, strep throat and flu, and when I took him in a month later, they finally put him on an antibiotic for a sinus infection, and then he started to get better. Rough month for Grant!
I was in charge of our Senior Honors Night for our ward. We have seven from our ward graduating this year, plus five more from the neighborhood. So fun! We did a Hawaiian theme and it ended up being a fun night. I love these kids! I was their chorister in Primary, then their Primary President, then their Sunday School teacher and now I have been in Young Women's with them for 3 years. Plus, they have all been great friends of Maren's over the years. They have grown up together! I will miss them when they are gone!
Our friends, Camille and Wendy brought her a beautiful quilt they had made her.
April was filled with track meets! Maren, Ryan and Grant all participated. Grant's first meet got cancelled due to rain, and he was sick for his second meet, so he only had one official meet, but he qualified for South End in the long jump, so he got a bonus meet.
We had ward service project, making jackets for homeless people.
I coached Grant's rec coed volleyball team this year. He is a good volleyball player! It was fun.
Maren took her Senior Pictures out at Saltair. They turned out so beautiful!
We went to our nephew, Ammon's, BYU graduation. Just a few more months and Maren will be there!
And then we babysat Ammon and Anne's dog for a couple of days. I should say that my family babysat the dog. I was at a Mother's Who Know retreat with a few friends from my ward.
While I was gone, they went to see our cousin's new puppy. She is adorable!
What you are not seeing pictures of that also happened in April is lots of work, homework, prep for an AP test and still trying to recover from a concussion for Maren. We had lots of fun weekly conversations with Avery in Seattle--she is happy and loving her mission! Ryan is finishing up Driver's Ed and getting ready for driving groups with his teacher, and Grant is working hard in school and having fun with friends. Dustin has been busy at work with a big trail project, plus his church duties, and I am just trying to manage it all! What a fun month!






No comments:
Post a Comment