2024 started out with a quick trip up to see my Grandpa Montgomery in the hospital in Twin Falls because his gallbladder was septic and they had given him 2-14 days to live. As of now, he is on day 23 and doing great! My parents are still up there with him, and in his own words "Well, I'm not dying, so maybe I should get a second opinion and have gallbladder surgery." We'd love to have him around for a few more years!
Maren was here for the first week of January before school started back up again at BYU. (She kind of looked like a Who from Whoville with her hair so fancy, haha). We took her back down to school and she is back into the swing of things there. We loved having her home for a couple of weeks. We are proud of all she is doing! Working, school full-time, and a fun social life keep her busy!
Ryan got answered for the Winter's Dance.
It finally started snowing! And it has kept it up (either snow or rain) pretty consistently all month.
I got it in my head to try to fix up a few things around the house before Avery comes home from her mission. I started with the baseboards getting a fresh coat of paint. It's funny how big events make you see your house with new eyes.
Dustin and I made cream puffs for a date one night. They were easy and delicious!
Winter's Dance for Ryan. He took his friend, Emmie, and had a fun time. He looks so big! It's so fun to watch my kids grow up! Gramma Lana made the corsage for his date. She did a great job!
And a couple of days later he got asked to Sweethearts (by a friend of a friend, who he doesn't actually know).
I decided to repaint our main bathroom! Years ago our old swamp cooler leaked and warped the paint above the bathroom door, and then a few years ago I tried to touch up a spot with our original paint (or so I thought) and it was NOT the same color! So, we have been living with some funky paint in that bathroom for a while now. Dustin was reluctant to start a project right now, but I convinced him! It really stayed as mostly a paint job. Dustin did have to replace a section of dry wall that had mold on it from the old leak, but he is getting good at that from all my other home improvement projects that I force upon him!
More snow and sketchy roads for Meals on Wheels.
Ryan cuddling with Pepper.
Last night we had a Brazilian night at our house. We have friends in our ward and she is from Brazil, and we invited a family we met from our Stake that are from Brazil. In fact, they happen to be from the area of Dustin's mission, so he pulled out old pictures and they were able to tell him about some of the families that he taught and baptized. We also invited a family in our ward whose son is leaving for a Brazil mission next week, and another neighbor who served his mission in Brazil. We had so much delicious Brazilian food and lots of Portuguese speaking and memories talked about and made. What a great night with great friends!
And this is happening this week!! Avery comes home from her mission on Friday!! I am writing her her last weekly email tonight and I can't even believe it! The last 18 months have flown by. What a blessing it has been for our family to have her serve! And, I know she has also been blessed. I can't wait! (And, thanks to my friend, Jenn, we now have a 15 foot "Welcome Home" sign to hang across our house!).
No comments:
Post a Comment