November flew by! As I look at these pictures, it feels like all of this just happened, and as I write, we are halfway through December already!
Grant had a piano recital. He had a couple of really difficult songs, and did a great job! The Grandparents all came to support, and right after it was over, we had to race home so that he could get picked up for the Sadie's dance.
They dressed up as the Chipmunks and the Chipettes.
Dustin and I also had a busy night that night. Dustin performed a wedding ceremony for a couple in the Marshallese Branch, and then they had a birthday party for their daughter. The first birthday is the big birthday in their culture and they go all out!
For Veteran's Day, Grant sang at an event at Veteran's Memorial Park in Bountiful.
We had more Northern Lights sightings! Amazing!
My mom and sisters and I went to the Christmas Family Gift Show. This is one of my favorite days of the year! We love to walk around, shop, and taste all the yummy food items they sample.
Grant asked his friend Colette, to the Winter's Dance. A couple of weeks later, she answered him.
We had our annual Theurer/Wiberg family Christmas party! Always fun to be with family!
We had our friend, Jarrett, stay with us one night while his parents were out of town. He is a great kid and it was fun to have him over. I'm sure Grant appreciated the second person in the house with him!
I hosted Lunch Bunch for Grant's friends.
Dustin and I went and did baptisms for the dead with the Marshallese youth. For most of them, this was their first time being in the temple. They were excited and eager to be there and it was a sweet experience to be there with them. We are so grateful to be able to serve with them! (Dustin does most of the service, and I just participate when I can, but I am grateful that he is willing! It blesses our lives!)
We decorated for Christmas! Avery came up to help. Now our house feels cozy and nice.
I went to see Pride and Prejudice with my mom and sisters. It was fun!
And then it was Thanksgiving! And this year, Thanksgiving was on my birthday! So I got a double dose of family and love and gratitude for all the good things in my life. Jen hosted, and it was lovely and the food was delicious and the company was great.
The next day we went with cousins and Grandparents to the Brigham City Temple and that was so nice.
We spent an evening working in Gramma Lana's yard and Avery helped her with some things in her house. Lana has been saving her old clothes for many years and finally pulled them out to have Avery try them on. So cute!
It snowed!! (But don't worry, we have had weather in the 50's since then).
Our missionaries are doing great! Maren only has a couple of months left and she is working so hard and loving the work! She spent her Thanksgiving doing service for others. Love this girl!
Ryan is doing well in Colombia! He has been able to see some cool things and is slowly learning the language. The work is moving a little slower than he would like, but he is learning patience! Right before Thanksgiving he was transferred to Barranquilla with a new companion and they are working hard in their new area.
There are so many things that I am thankful for during this Thankful season. At the top of my list is Jesus Christ and His Atonement and His Gospel. It is life changing! It has changed and blessed my life and I love to see the change in my children, and also in the people that my missionary children are teaching about Him and His restored gospel. I love Him! I love that the gratitude from this season spills over in to my favorite season, Christmas!!







No comments:
Post a Comment