I was tagged by Rachel to show you my walls. Now let me just warn you, decorating sense I have none. Although, I did take an Interior Decorating class in High School and a girl who sat in front of me came to class drunk and puked under the table. That was cool.
So, here are my walls:
I don't have a lot hanging on my walls (cinder block can't even be an excuse), so I'm showing you the whole area. That way you can see the whole package.
Umm, yes, I know that it is sideways, but I can't figure out how to rotate it and I'm much too lazy to try to figure it out. Please turn your head sideways.
Why, yes, that is permanent marker on my wall, semi-hidden behind my ugly green chair. And, yes, I have tried magic eraser and 409 and a scouring pad. If anyone knows another secret I can try, please let me know by posting on this blog (you should all be posting anyway because I live for comments).
Amber tagged me a long time ago to tell 7 things about me (sorry, Amber).
Here were the rules:
1. List the link to your tagger and also post the following rules.
2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog - some random, some weird, whatever.
3. Tag 7 people at the end of your blog also leaving the links to their blogs.
4. Let them know they are "tagged" by leaving a comment on their blog.
Here goes...
1. I love to cook. Especially desserts. We probably make cookies around our house at least weekly. Usually we freeze the dough so that we can have fresh cookies daily.
2. I'm realistic ("pessimistic?" you say, no, realistic I say).
3. I ate dog food as a child. It wasn't my parent's fault. We fed our dog scraps. It was my neighbor's dog food and my neighbor's fault. Don't worry, it has had no lasting effects.
4. I absolutely love the smell of rain. Actually, it's the smell of the wet dirt. When I'm pregnant, I want to eat lots and lots of dirt, or wet cement, or laundry detergent. But I haven't ever done it because I have loads of self control.
5. I love to play volleyball and I know if I was a few inches taller I could've gone pro, man!
6. I love to travel. I've been to Germany, Austria, Italy, Switzerland, France, Belgium, England, Mexico, Belize, Canada and lots of places in the U.S. If Dustin and I had a lot of money, we'd travel everywhere. We really love seeing new things.
7. It took me nigh unto 7 years to graduate from BYU (go cougs) in Psychology. And, no, I'm not a doctor, but I do analyze all of you.
There you have it! Now consider yourselves all tagged.
9 comments:
Carolyn, my how I love you more, the more I know about you. You're pretty funny and entertaining. I'm not much for decorating or hanging things on my walls. Not that I don't want to, I'm just not that skilled at it and I've had a pretty good excuse not to for a few years (i.e. cinder block walls and living at my parents). Maybe one day I'll have nice looking walls and maybe even a house to go with them.
Yea! I love your wall posts! I'm so sorry about the marker though and grateful I don't have to try and scrub it off my walls. I would say...paint it. Gulp!! Good luck!
So fun to read a bit more about you...I can't wait for summer to come for some volleyball!
ON the marker- the thing that worked the very best for me was the magic eraser. It took off almost all of the black magic marker, all the dry erase marker (green and yellow- how appropriate for a john deere room), and then I just painted a quick coat over top. Good as new. Just didn't work so well on the door. Best of luck!
hey, i hear that the dirt-craving thing is a real...thing. don't cower. i think that i might have to see if i can find a solution to your permanent marker wall delimna. i've got a book at home on how to clean everything, maybe there is something in there...who knows?
Carolyn, I always read your blog and I think you are so witty! I miss that wit at Staff Meetings, they can get a little dull these days...
You reminded me of the many times I've been tagged. I'd better get on that.
My sister swears that toothpaste takes permanant marker off walls, but it didn't work when her daughter went on a coloring spree through my house, not even paint covered it up.
I enjoy reading your blogs, I find you very funny, which is something I always aspire to, but never acheive.
I actually read this one FOREVER ago but failed to comment. I sincerely apologize. And I love you.
Well, Mrs. Realist...
I never read yoru blogs, and I don't think you are funny at all. In fact, during each of these "cute" things about you, I kept hiting my head against the wall.
I hope this balances out the greatness you have recieved...
Try fingernail polish remover...
Post a Comment