Snow and I have a love/hate relationship. I hated it in middle school and high school (it may have had something to do with tall, hairsprayed bangs that would get wet and ruined). Then my first year of college I discovered snowboarding and started loving the winter and what it would bring. Then I got married, ran out of money, started being pregnant many winters and so the loathing returned. But now that my kids are a little older and I am forced into playing in it with them, I realize I actually enjoy it again (at least for today).
This is what we accomplished today:

We also went sledding down our small hill. We don't actually own a sled, so I improvised with cookie sheets. They didn't work too well.
Maybe I liked snow today because after about 45 minutes Maren's hands were cold and Avery had to use the bathroom. And then we got to come in and drink hot chocolate.
Snow is awesome!
By the way, does anyone else have these? It is a nativity set on blocks of wood. Dustin's grandpa cut out the wood and his aunt got the stickers for us. The girls and I were crafty yesterday and put it all together. The kids love it and I love it because they can't hurt it (unlike my little one that I've glued baby Jesus' head on about 5 times).


9 comments:
that's a good idea! I have Noah's Arc stickers but not nativity stickers.
that is a GREAT nativity! kid-friendly (and cheaper than the alternative which is the fisher price one...)
glad that you had fun in the snow :)
Oh, the days when we could go snow boarding! What fun that was!
I've been looking for a durable nativity, and yes, the Fisher Price one is spendy!!! I'll keep an eye out for stickers. Where did your aunt find them?
I love the cookie sheets down the hill, that is so funny! I know, snow and I...it's fun for a bit but I'll send back the present after a few days of it. We don't get hardly any snow here though and I really miss it!
I love snow. And I'm so sad because everyone down here says the the snow never sticks to the ground. It just gets really cold. I love playing in the snow and Matt thinks I act like a little kid. Because I beg him to come play in it with me.
I don't have a nativity set like that but I have heard about them. I might have to make me some.
What a cute idea for a nativity! I've never seen one like that. I'm very impressed with the snowman - good job!! We even got a little snow here - maybe 1 1/2 inches. However, I have no desire whatsoever to go out and play in it. Love ya!
The snow looks fun, we didn't get any here in Eagle Mountain!
Hey, it's good too see you're back at blogging! :-) Looks like you guys are having tons of fun in the snow. I hope you enjoy it all winter. Cache and I actually LOVE the snow. We look forward to skiing every year. I even enjoy shoveling. I know I'm wierd--but it's just so peaceful in the early mornings. Merry Christmas!
Post a Comment