Monday, February 23, 2009

Ryan's Favorite Toy

Ryan loves the vacuum. I mean loooooveeesss the vacuum. If he hears the closet door open where the vacuum is stored, he comes running saying loudly "Yes, yes, yes!" because in his little mind, by opening that door I am saying "Ryan, would you please help Mommy vacuum? It makes it so much easier and faster when you participate." I tried to get a good video of what happens when I vacuum, but alas, most cleaning is done while Dustin is at work and for obvious reasons, it is hard to video while I am vacuuming. But you can imagine the scene as I try to push the vacuum while Ryan tries desperately to 1) hold on to the side of the vacuum, 2) push the vacuum himself, 3) stand on the vacuum while I am pushing it, 4) sit on the vacuum while I am pushing it, 5) take vacuum appendages off while I am pushing it, 6) do anything else to the vacuum that you can think of that would make it more difficult for me. His obsession with vacuums has actually helped with the fixing up of the house because if he starts to touch things he shouldn't, we just send him to a vacant room with the shop vac and let him clean those already cleaned floors. This is what Ryan looks like when I put the vacuum away:

The above pictures were actually when I took the camera away. He also loves to take pictures. But the reaction would be the exact same for the removal of the vacuum. But how can I resist this cute face wanting to help me?

Someday this vacuum love will be the favorite quality of his wife, I just know it. I may even enjoy it in a few years.

9 comments:

Tamie said...

suweet!
keep reminding him of that love when he starts getting a little older (and possibly messier)
that is the greatest. i wish my boys would do that when i get the vacuum out---they just run out of the room yelling!

Catherine said...

So cute! And that last picture of you and Ryan is precious! Who COULD resist such an angel face? :)

Lindsay said...

He IS so cute. Tucker was also vacuum-obsessed, but it was kind of a love/hate relationship--he was scared yet intrigued by the actual vacuum. And then he pretended to vacuum with every wheeled-toy he had until he got a real play vacuum. Now he can actually vacuum somewhat effectively and sometimes does. Hopfully that'll be Ryan in a year or so.

Megan said...

Hopefully he does not grow out of the love relationship and will vaccum for you...
But really what are the odds of that?

Rachel said...

He's SOOOOOO big!! Oh my goodness, what a cute boy! And that is so funny about the vacuum obsession, most kids hate it!

chicagosapps said...

Kevin was/is also obsessed with the vacuum and threw the same tantrums when we put it away. He has been so obsessed that he has had plenty of experience and now that he's 3, he can actually take out the vacuum, plug it in, adjust it and then vacuum. Our family room has never been cleaner. Don't worry, his talent will soon be a great blessing in your life.

Child labor laws? Never heard of em.

Courtney said...

Hey Caroline! Glad to find you in this blogging world. Your family is so adorable. The last time I saw you you were prego with Ryan, and it looks like you're going to have another one! Congrats! -Courtney Millecam

Jessa said...

Don't you love it when they want to help, it makes things go so much faster, right?

Rachel said...

Hey dude! :) Just so ya know, our blog address changed...
http://alittlebitofkooky.blogspot.com/