Sunday, May 17, 2009

Milestones Reached




This weekend Dustin took Ryan on a Father-Son Campout. Does that make anyone else feel like we're old? I have to admit I was a little nervous. Dustin will openly confess that he is afraid of camping by himself (just in case he has to defend himself against wild animals or aliens) (I'm really not joking). I was more worried that little busy Ryan would wander while Daddy was putting up the tent and he'd be lost in the mountains forever. Or he would find a creek to jump in. I still remember a Daddy-Daughter Campout when I was probably 4 or 5 and I fell in a deep, fast moving creek and my dad had to jump in and save my life (thanks, Dad). But, Ryan and Dustin both survived the campout. No aliens attacked and no creeks were jumped in and they made it back in one piece.



Last week Avery was the VIP for her Kindergarten class. She got to be the leader when they lined up for things, take show and tell every day, have dad come to class and tell about her and bring her favorite treat to share. Also, all the Kindergarteners got to eat school lunch on Wednesday, which may have been the highlight of her year. Luckily they served pepperoni pizza and jello, otherwise she would have starved. I can't believe she will be in school all day next year!


I just wanted to throw in a picture of Grant so you can see what a little man he is becoming.

14 comments:

Tamie said...

father and son's campout is a HUGE milestone....and actually letting dad take a toddler up into the mountains wihout any "real" adult supervision can be a little scary (for dad & mom...)
i think it's great that dustin did that....i'm going to have to make sure that Brook goes with the boys this year....ours isn't 'till the end of summer.

Courtney said...

I can't believe Ryan is old enough to go on a camp out! That is awesome. I bet Avree was so excited to be the VIP in her class and Grant is so adorable! He's gotten so big.

Monica said...

Poor Maren, left out already.

And Ryan is standing awful close to that river. Are you sure Dustin is hiding some details of that camping trip...

And Grant looks way more focussed than Liam ever is. He is sort of cross-eyed (Liam, not Grant)

severts6 said...

Greg will finally get a chance for a father/son campout!!! Cute pics! We miss you guys!

chicagosapps said...

I'm glad it didn't rain. Did it? He looks like he had a great time, very happy!

Anonymous said...

Dustin & Caroline -

Brook & Tamie BBQ
They're in town...the perfect excuse to get together!
Host:
Stephen Sherlock & Alain Templeman
Type: Party - Barbecue
Network: Global
Date: Thursday, July 2, 2009
Time: 5:30pm - 8:30pm
Location: Alain Templeman's House
Street:
1923 N 135 W Orem, UT 84057
Phone: 8017176087
Email: stephen.a.sherlock@gmail.com

You Guys Need to get on Facebook!

Nicole said...

I think Grant looks like Maren. I don't know what it is about him but I see Maren. I love you

Rachel said...

Danny wants a little boy STRICTLY for that reason!!!!!! Such cute pictures!!!

kat said...

ok think about THIS...someday, you will be sending TWO boys with daddy to father and sons and you and the girls will have the house to yourselves with no boys~! =) i love tamie's comment about dad's taking the toddler without any "real adult supervision" (ie: MOM, heh) hilarious and so very true... i remember when jr was about 10 months old i couldnt get off work and kevin sr drove straight thru to texas with jr and they were gone for a week and that just about drove me nuts being away from both of them, so i can relate to your worries...
did avery dress up special on her VIP day? she looks so pretty in her pics and you can tell that she really did feel extra important on that day~!

Grampy and Grandma Dot said...

Good to see you're keeping up the camping tradition. Ryan looked happy. Enjoyed the kindergarten pictues. Way to go Avery! Grant's looking good.

Cari said...

Anthony took both the boys on fathers & sons this year, it's so nice to have a break- they need to have fathers & sons 2 or 3 times a year! Grant is getting so big, he's adorable!

Lindsay said...

Congrats on the successful campout. I told Ryan he will absolutely no excuse not to take our boys next year!

Megan said...

Your posts always make me smile. I so glad that we can keep in touch this way!

Jessa said...

your baby is getting so big, what a cutie!