Friday, January 18, 2008

January Happenings

As all of you know, January is the let down month of the year. We just got done with the holidays, and although it is nice to get back into the routine, there is nothing too exciting about the routine. So, I haven't had much to say. Although I did have a really cool dream the other day that Dustin was secretly a prince/McGyver and I was the Queen's aide (who was Julie Andrews, of course) and Dustin and I were secretly in love. He had to save me from his band of rebels who didn't know he was really the prince. He used McGyver moves to help us get away on a ski lift. I actually thought it was Matlock in my dream, but when I woke up, I realized I had the wrong 80's tv show. It was such an exciting dream and so nice to have it be my husband I was secretly in love with so that I didn't feel guilty when I woke up. Don't act like you all haven't had those dreams. And yes, this was a PG dream, not a PG-13 dream.

Other than exciting dreams, this is what we have been up to in the month of January:
Avery had a Western Day in preschool and it must have been fun because I got a whole conversation out of her about what they did--as opposed to the usual response of "I can't remember." Our neighbor heard that she needed to dress up, so she whipped up a little 'ol cowgirl dress in about an hour with material she had just lying around. Avery looked very authentic. Unlike what she would have looked like if I had whipped her up a cowgirl dress.

We also went outside...once...to check the mail. But we got really bundled and I let the kids walk in the snow for a second. It's just soooo cold right now, and I'm kind of a whimp. Plus, I have a helpless infant who shouldn't get too cold, right?

We made and ate pudding. I was actually upstairs putting Ryan to bed while they were eating pudding. I'm pretty sure Maren's mess is authentic--she's two. Avery was just having fun.


We also went to visit Grammy and Grampy Shurtz and we did actually play in the snow--twice! And it was actually fun. But I forgot my camera and so you'll just have to imagine that we looked something like this:
Happy January!!

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Hey you know, I was in the LA airport once when I realized that I was standing *right behind* McGyver! And it was no dream! But don't get your hopes up, he didn't turn his underwear into a bomb or anything. Your dreams sound about as crazy as mine do, hehe. Your kids are so cute!!!!! I'm glad you updated, we miss you guys like crazy!

severts6 said...

cute pudding faces!

Kent & Beka said...

Ah... the coined phrase. "I forgot." Man, I hate that one! I think Avery and Tyse are bosom buddies- they seem to have the same... 4isms... Heaven help us!

Grampy and Grandma Dot said...

We have pictures of your outdoor adventures in Enoch. We'll have to send them to you. Love ya!

Monica said...

Um, you forgot to mention that your sister came to visit from ILLINOIS!! and, I think your neighbor is McGyver.

Pulcheria said...

My post-holiday blues usually hit mid-January (after my birthday and when school starts). Hooray for no fall training this year AND for new baby excitement to look forward to. Your kids get cuter all the time! Thanks for posting such great pics!