
(OK, OK, this is not my tractor wheel, per say)
Do you want to see my farm children?


Do you want to see my farm animals?

They are named Denver and Enoch. My neighbor asked (all excited like) if I was getting chickens so I could eat them. Sick! (I'm trying to turn that word back into what it was meant to be)
Did I get them for the eggs? Maybe a little, although the cost of feed probably cancels out any economic benefit. For the pet aspect? Probably yes. My family had chickens all growing up and as my sister Monica said, it must have been a positive experience for us because it seems so fun to have them now. Well, we've had them for a week now and is it fun? Um, sure. Chickens are fun in their own special way, I guess. The neighbor kids are all enjoying them, although I don't know if the chickens are enjoying the kids. And me? I'm finding that my dad didn't call them dumb clucks for no reason ("Their brain is the size of a pea"). They can't figure out how to walk up the ramp into their dog house to sleep out of the rain or eat their food and that's kind of stressing me out. But, for the most part, they are everything we wanted in a pet: minimal interaction, easy maintenance, only slight noise and they are apparently pretty durable.
5 comments:
Awesome! Matt's gonna love this post. How exciting for you to have your own pseudo farm! I love telling people we get our chickens in the mail.
i think that it is totally cool that you have chickens --- i wish that we could have chickens or goats or something that would make us a little more self-sufficent...for eggs or eating the chickens....i butchered chickens on my mission and those animals are M.E.A.N. but maybe with just two it won't be so bad....keep us updated on their progress. :)
Oooo, soon you'll be Wyberg Eggs and I can come by farm fresh eggs from you! Good luck with your dumb clucks! :)
Your kids are so cute in their cowboy gear! Chickens sound like my kind of pet..have fun with them!
Hooray for the Wiberg farm!
Post a Comment