Thursday, October 21, 2010

Memories

Last week we made another unexpected trip to my grandparent's house. Just a few days after we visited The Farm, my grandmother passed away. How grateful I am that we went up and saw her one last time!

This visit was a huge family reunion. All of my siblings were there (minus a couple of their spouses) and almost every cousin I own made it up. It was a great time for reminiscing about applesauce cookies (see the recipe here), raspberry goodies, beautiful handmade Christmas ornaments and knitted Christmas stockings. My grandma was one of the most talented people that I have ever known. She was so selfless and giving. How nice to have such a great example for a Grandmother!


Thank goodness children don't allow you to stay sad for too long. Even though we were only there for a day, we had to make a little time for playing with these cuddly cuties.

Apparently they wrapped the dogs up in Grant's blanket. How sanitary of them.
Have I mentioned that my kids REALLY want a puppy?
We made time to ride in trucks and tractors.


And eat some rocks, without even using hands!
And frolick in fields.

1 comment:

Phil and Tessa said...

I'm sorry about your grandma. At least you all got to be together :-) BTW, I'm not private so I'm not sure why I don't show up. Crazy computers. Oh, and guess what else? Do you remember Wilbur from our BYU ward the year we lived together? He was Nathanial the body builders roomate? Anyway, he is in my ward here in Houston. We both recognized each other but couldn't figure out where from and then it clicked. Small world!