The rain came down in sheets.
In the pitch blackness a shriek was heard,
"When can we go trick-or-treating?!!"
On the Eve of All Hallows Eve (we live in Utah, trick-or-treating is on Saturday) many treats and a few tricks (by the weather) were had.
We started out the night like this:

and went out again. And then, of course, it didn't rain a drop. Funny trick, Mother Nature. In the end, we came back with this:
And we organized, traded and sorted to our little heart's content.



10 comments:
Your kids look very cute. I can't believe how big they are getting.
Grant looks like a very large horse. Cute, but large.
And that's too bad about the rain. We didn't go Trick or Treating because it was on the Good Sabbath and we were all Halloweened out at that point. Luckily my kids are too young to care.
SO cute! And it was totally a bummer to be rained out on Halloween! Good thing the kids don't care---candy is such a motivator. :)
It just wouldn't be Utah without a rainy or snowy Halloween! I love the hairdryer - what a great invention that was, it serves so many purposes.
Your kids are adorable in their costumes. It's always a shame when it's freezing outside and you have to cover them up with coats, but what can you do? Enjoy all your candy!
Cute cute cute. I don't remember it raining on Halloween when we were kids. Bad luck. Wish I was there to give your kids all of our extra candy. It will be a shame if we eat it all ourselves.
Cute cute cute. I don't remember it raining on Halloween when we were kids. Bad luck. Wish I was there to give your kids all of our extra candy. It will be a shame if we eat it all ourselves.
Yes our night was much the same but we didn't go back to bundle up, we just got wet! Your kids look so cute!
Your more dedicated than us. When we got cold, we just went home.
Glad to see the blow drier is still put to good use.
Cute costumes and kiddos.
We were hiking to Cascade Falls, right by Navajo Lake.
Looks like you had a fun Halloween. Enjoyed seeing the pictures -- makes us feel a part of things! Ours was pretty low-key -- a few trick or treaters and then we headed for a volleyball game. I took the rest of the candy to work and let the students have whatever they wanted. Love ya!
Post a Comment