Monday, January 17, 2011

Rodents and Such








My kid has a rat tail. But isn't he so cute, even with 1990 hair? Speaking of 1990, the other day I was singing "The Right Stuff" by New Kids On the Block and doing the Right Stuff Dance for my family. If you have ever lived with me as a college roommate (ahem, Jacque) you know what dance I am talking about, and I probably perfected it with your help and encouragement. Anyway, my family really liked that. The End.
But back to rodents. Did I tell you that we have a mice problem in one of our many sheds in our backyard? There were so many of them that they weren't afraid of us. They were stealing our chicken's food and as I stood there and watched they would run around, stop and look at me, eat some more food and then kick my foot and say "Whadaya gonna do about it?" At least that is what I think it meant in mouse squeaks. So we set a few mousetraps. One in each corner of the shed. And within a few minutes, all four traps were filled. We emptied them and all four traps were filled again by the next day. And we were happy. Especially me because I didn't have to empty the traps. That is definitely a Man Of The House job around here.

6 comments:

Jacque said...

That is a great dance, for sure! Sorry about the mice, but atleast you didn't have to empty the traps. I would definatly refuse that job. Allyssa was the special person at school last week, and she had to fill out a big poster with a bunch of info about her. There was a spot about her hero and why they were. She decided on her dad because he was such a good cricket killer. I am sure that impressed the class! BTW, your rat tail boy is adorable.

Courtney said...

You should post a video of that dance...haha! Your little man IS so cute and I'm glad you are getting rid of those mice..mice totally freak me out.

Lynnette said...

Grant is so cute! He's such a happy kid - he doesn't care that he has a 90's haircut :)

Oh, and will you do the dance for me the next time you see me? I can't wait!

Nicole said...

ew, ew, ew. But Grant's 90's rat tail is super cute. I think you should grow it out even longer and make it a true rat's tail.

Grampy and Grandma Dot said...

Sure enjoy the blogs. Wish we could see all our kids and grandkids more often. Glad I don't have to deal with your mouse traps!

Rachel said...

Siiiiiiiiiiick!!! At least those mice weren't in your house! And the mouse tail on Grant is much cuter than an actual mouse tail. :)