Sunday, February 6, 2011

So Cold!

Oh, it has been cold here. So so cold! While we haven't had a lot of snow this last month, we have had so much cold! We are stuck indoors. It is cold outside and we have colds inside. But don't worry. We have made ourselves merry as best as we could (apparently watching Jane Austen movies with the way I am talking). Do you want to see what we have been doing?
Making lots and lots of forts. They love to make them; they hate to clean them up.
And making cornstarch goo. Again, love to make it, hate to clean it up.


And also, playing in the (clean) laundry. I'm pretty sure Maren thought up this game, but the boys sure followed along with the fun. There were hours of entertainment in these three activities. Throw in some movie watching, napping, coloring, play dough playing and reading and you pretty much have our month in review! Now, bring on the Spring!!

8 comments:

Courtney said...

I loved making forts when I was a kid. Good for you letting them be kids and have some fun inside!

Jacque said...

Escape the cold come see us in AZ...or in CA! You will have to tell me about the corn starch goo. I don't know what you do with that.

Megan said...

My children feel the same way about forts and play dough. I kind of feel the same way about dishes. I like to cook, but hate to clean up.

Lindsay said...

That has been our life exactly as of late. In fact, I'll probably be posting about it here shortly. Good luck surviving the rest of winter!

Nicole said...

mmmm, cornstarch goo. I also have been watching a lot of Jane Austen and the likes. And I also am dying for some sunshine and warmth!

Monica said...

I have watched all the Jane Austen movies so much that now I have had to move on. My favorite currently is Lark Rise to Candleford on Youtube. You really should check it out. And the great thing is that it's a series and has like 4 seasons!! I love it!

Oh, and I love your kids. And you. and your goo. But I hat winter and being sick.

Lynnette said...

Everyone's commenting on the forts and overlooking the awesome pictures of kids wearing underwear on their heads. Now THAT's the real fun!

Rachel said...

SOOOOOOOOOO fun! You're such a fun mom! I love cornstarch Oobleck! That stuff is the bomb!