Thursday, September 8, 2011

First Day of School

You know I am running behind, because not only have we long ago had the first day of school, but we've already had a vacation, and missed days for being sick.  We're way beyond first day!  But such is my life.  I should just embrace my late-ness because now I (and you) have had all these great opportunities to head back down memory lane (even if it is just memories from a few months ago).

Here were the girls on their first day of school.  Luckily, Dustin was still around to remind me to take a picture.  I almost forgot.  I love that they will still wear matching clothes.
And here is Ryan on his first day of preschool.

Technically I took this today, on his 6th day of preschool, because Daddy wasn't around to remind me to take a picture on his first day (poor third child).  But just imagine him, dressed very similarly, with his backpack on for his first day.  The only real difference is that on his real first day of preschool he was crying, screaming, dripping with snot and tears, clutching my leg, sitting down and refusing to go in, and eventually running out the door and down the street.  Other than that, he looked just like this.

So far, the kids are enjoying their teachers and class.  Ryan struggled that first day, but when I picked him up, he was all smiles and has been ever since.  It is pretty strange to have 3 gone at the same time in the afternoon.  I'm always torn between being ready for them to be back in school, and being sad because time seems to go by so much faster when I don't have them with me all day.  Plus, they are growing up so fast!  They are already learning so many new things : Ryan to cut and trace, Maren to sound out words and spell them the best she can, and Avery to write in cursive.  Having multiple kids in school makes me even more grateful for good teachers and all the effort they put in to their students!

5 comments:

Monica said...

Eliza wore that outfit the first day of school too! I was praising your name that morning because I hadn't pulled any of her new clothes out yet and you SAVED me with that one. So thank you from the bottom of my heart.

And I love the description of Ryan's first day of school. That was great.

Nicole said...

I remember laying out all of my new school outfits before the first day over and over again, dreaming about wearing them to school. Maren told me about the boy who got in trouble today, twice!, and got sent home. It sounded like it was a very big deal today. All I could think about was what the teacher was going through:)

Pulcheria said...

Your kids are so adorable and SO grown up! I can't believe Ryan is old enough for pre-school. Time really has flown.

Lynnette said...

I miss the days of all those new clothes once a year. I could really use a whole set of new school clothes :)

I'm so glad Ryan likes pre-school now. Your kids are getting so grown up!

Jessa said...

Yeah I just posted my first day pics too, and Kira's birthday in July, I'm way behind!