Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Goodbye Chickens, Goodbye Rats

We said a fond farewell to Denver and Enoch last week.  There were more than a few tears shed on the occasion.  Our only consolation and hope is that the rats will go find a food source elsewhere.  In the meantime, the kids have not stopped begging for a dog, now that their beloved pets have flown the coop (he he).  Beg on, dear children-I will not be swayed!  (At least not this year because we don't have a fence)

5 comments:

Monica said...

What a sad, sad day for the Wiberg family! James keeps begging me for a dog too and I keep telling him the same thing. I'm going to call you now.

Nicole said...

I'm so sorry. But I do hope it cures your rat problem. Where did you end up taking them?

Courtney said...

Did you eat your chickens? J/k I am sure that would've been very traumatic. I hope that solves your rat problem!

Lynnette said...

Good-bye little chickens. We will miss you. Carolyn will miss getting attacked by you when she feeds you, Abi and Lili will miss the ducks (or whatever animal they last decided they were), Maren and Avery will miss collecting eggs in the snow. And most of all, Daddy Rat will miss his potential dinner. I'll bet he had that chicken dinnner all planned out.

Jen said...

I know that you secretly cooked them into a chicken & rice casserole. For old times sake.