And then the next day I was being incredibly grouchy as I cleaned up the mess from my wonderful Mother's Day, and complaining and whining to my good friend, Jacque, about how I was sick of the complaining and whining going on at my house. I had been ignoring my boys for a little bit while I cleaned and when I checked on them, this is what I found:
I felt a little joy inside. So I took a picture. And I remembered that recently, I prayed that I could notice the joyful moments of motherhood. Because some days (or weeks, or months) it gets difficult to find those happy moments in the midst of some frustrating ones. More and more, I am noticing those moments and I am grateful for that. Jacque suggested that I do a little project, where I find some joy every day and photograph it. So I did (3 out of 7 days at least. I was forgetful). Here is some of the joys I had this week.
Grant being a robot
Abi and Lili eating ice cream cones. I may have felt so joyful about this because I was eating one, too.
We made a cabin for our cars.
The girls slept in their fort under Maren's bed. I'm not sure when that joy happened. It may have been last week, and therefore not officially part of the project. But I'm the project manager, and counting it anyway.
Tarzan eating his dinner so well! Green beans included!
There you have it. A week's worth of joy. And there was actually more! I went on a field trip with Ryan and another field trip with Avery. And today I took an hour nap, uninterrupted. Technically that wasn't with my kids, but again, I make the rules for this project and I am counting it.
4 comments:
Love your project! I too let the frustrating parts of motherhood blot out those joyful everyday moments. What a good friend to encourage you to do this instead if complain with you. This is so much better :)
Here's wishing you a few more "joy" moments -- they grow up much too fast! Love ya!
Love the pictures of your project. And the skirts are so cute! You need to tell me how you did them!
How did I miss this post for so long! I loved it :) You are a great Mom! And the skirts turned out great!
Post a Comment