Saturday, August 11, 2012

Musical Guests

This week we have had some musical guests at our house.
Not only do they sing, but they do tricks.  They are ours, thanks to some friends who moved.  Thus far I like them.  They sound and look pretty, and it is cute when they sit together in their little round swing thing.  They are a little messy, but so far, the kids are super excited to clean up after them.
Actually, we had two sets of musical guests.  
These are our friends Melanie and Chris, from South West France.  They have been with us all week for a local dance festival, and I have improved dramatically in my French speaking abilities.  I was already semi-fluent, in that I could count to ten.  Now I have about doubled my vocabulary!

Not only do they dance, but they dance on stilts!  We have had a fun week, taking them around to see the area.  A few families in our neighborhood also hosted people, so we have been able to get together to practice our tour guiding skills.  


Have we had fun?  Oui!  Are we now thoroughly exhausted?  Oui! Oui! 

3 comments:

Camile said...

The birds are so pretty! My girls will be jealous when they see them. Hopefully the kids enthusiasm for taking care of them sticks!

That's so awesome that you hosted those two young ladies! I would be so nervous and sressed - but I can totally see you doing this and doing a great job! You are so good about opening your house up and inviting people over.

I sure miss you guys. Even though we didn't see each other a ton it was nice to know we had such good friends so close. And it was nice to know that Aaron had such a wonderful friend with him at work. I'm so glad you keep up your blog, so we can stay in touch that way.

Cari said...

That's so awesome! What a great experience for your kids!

Courtney said...

That is so fun to have visitors from France in your home! And pet sitting is the best way to experience the joys of pet ownership.