It's a spooky time of the year around here. See? Thank goodness I have crafty sisters who like to get together occasionally so I can get good ideas from them. Otherwise, I'd pretty much never have new decorations for my house.
We experienced a spooky time warp at Dustin's Mission Reunion. His mission president and wife look the same after almost 20 years, but everyone else looked like people in their late 30's. Weird.
The other day we were walking down the road and I kicked what I thought was a piece of green plastic in the road. It wasn't plastic after all, but a praying mantis. He didn't die from my kick. So we put him on the nearest lawn. And then the next day as I walked the kids to school, I saw him on the road again. But this time he was squished flat. Poor little spooky guy.
For Family Home Evening we took the kids to a book signing with Jessica Day George. Avery and I have been reading her Tuesdays at the Castle series and this was the signing for the third book. We are very excited to read it. The book is not at all spooky, but we did do it this week. And that light above Dustin's head is a little creepy...
The signing was at a really cool book store, filled with lots of little nooks and crannies. Ryan found a fun spot to read in the Children's section.
And that has been our spooky week around here!
2 comments:
I wish I was around to make crafts with sisters!
Pumpkin picking, spooky halloween decorations...my favorite time of year! Although Brooke's "when will it be time to trick or treat?" question is definitely not my favorite.
Post a Comment