Dustin had a birthday. He is now 37. Isn't it so fun and exciting to get old?! And a little strange, really. There is no denying it, Dustin is in his late 30's.
One great thing about Dustin's birthday, is that it is right before Halloween. Another great thing is that he is a really good sport. So we can do anything we want to him. Bwah ha ha! Dustin's favorite food is meatloaf and potatoes. So that is what we made him for dinner, a nice, delicious meatloaf... zombie.
And some fingers to eat.
Avery and Ryan decorated his Frankenstein cake.
Dustin wore a birthday bag on his head while he searched for his presents the kids had hidden. (Like I said, he's a good sport).
He got new pajama pants for his birthday. There is nothing like having a five year old wear your pants to make you realize what size you really wear. (No offense, honey)
The next day started our kid's Fall Break, so we headed to my parent's for a couple of days. My sister, Jen, was there with her kids and Lynnette showed up, too! On Saturday we all went hiking to one of my favorite places, Zion National Park.
The kids took every chance to be in the water, even if it was freezing.
Riding the bus up the canyon was very exciting for the kids.
We slid down this rock for a very long time.
This little guy is so cute, I could eat his little face!
My dad made it into a picture. (Sorry, Mom and Jen).
More cold water.
See, they are very cold, but they can't stop themselves!
Me, replicating my 4th grade class picture face. I'm not kidding.
Livie, buried in the sand (which was also cold).
2 comments:
I just love hearing your voice through your blog! Happy birthday to Dustin - such a great guy! I'm sorry to say, but I'm pretty sure I would not have been able to eat your meatloaf creation. Too realistic. ;) I love your 4th grade picture face - you're very photogenic! I'm dying to know how your preschool is going. Im hoping there will be a post about that soon.
p.s. I'm not doing very good at updating my blog, but I have an Instagram account that is much easier for me to stay on top of, so you should check it out.
Oh yeah, my IG profile name is camileandaaron
Post a Comment