Sunday, December 7, 2014

A Busy Christmas Week

We have officially started the Christmas season.  I know this because all of a sudden, we are extremely busy.  Avery has been especially busy this week.  She started out with her DARE graduation.

 The next day she had a field trip, and the day after that she went with the Student Service Council to decorate a tree (and, apparently, a door).
 Then later that night, Avery and Maren had their Choir Christmas concert.  My parents came up for the occasion.  The choir did a great job and it was a great way to get in the Christmas spirit.  Plus, it is so fun to watch my kids sing!

 No, Avery isn't kneeling down.  She is standing next to a fourth grader, though.  Someday she's going to hit a serious growth spurt and then these pictures will seem amazing.
 The singers.
 Avery's friend, Abby, came to watch.
 And G-ma and g-pa.  What great supporters!
The next morning we enjoyed our 50 degree weather by taking a little hike at a park up our street.



 I know I'm wearing a hat and scarf and I just said it was 50 degrees.  It was a little breezy, which brought the temperature down a little.  And, I'm just a cold wimp.
And there you have it!  One week down, only another couple left in my favorite season of the year.  I wish I could slow down time!!

2 comments:

Monica said...

Fun! And laney is waiting for her growth spurt too. I'm sure it's coming. Any day now...

Monica said...

funny, I just read this post and thought "I sure am behind reading Carolyn's blog!" and then I saw there was a comment and decided to see who it was. Who would have thought, it was me! Apparently I'm not behind, I just have no brain. I do love reading your posts though!