Sunday, December 14, 2014

Christmas Spirit

It has taken me longer to get in the Christmas spirit than usual.  This is not normal for me.  It could be the self imposed ban on Christmas music until after Halloween (a big step for me, but my kids were starting to hate it).  It could be the beautiful 60 degree weather we've had for a month.  I'm not really sure what the problem is.  But it better be solved after the week of Christmasing we've had around here!
Due to the before mentioned weather, we thought we'd better get our kids to see the lights while it was still nice.




They were beautiful, as usual.  It is such a great way to get excited for the season.  We are so lucky to live so close!!
Later in the week we had the chance to go to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir concert.  They had the Muppets with them, so our whole family got to go.  It was great!  Lynnette and Jim came too, and sat with Avery and Maren while we sat with the boys.

And the next day was our ward Christmas party.  Ryan was sick that morning (can you tell in the above picture that it was coming on?), so Dustin stayed home with him.  Avery is officially too old to sit on Santa's lap. :(

When I looked through the pictures later, I found about 10 of Maren and Grant doing these kinds of faces.
I guess this is why they were so well behaved during the program part of the party.  I guess I should be grateful for electronics.

No comments: