Sunday, June 14, 2015

The Last Two Weeks Of School

This is what my kid's school put me through during the last two weeks of school.  (Technically, I can't really blame the school for the constant rain.)
Maren had a Mountain Man Rendevous.  I was in charge of weapons.
 
Avery's class had a ukulele concert.  They have been learning to play them this term.  They did a good job.
She also had multiple orchestra concerts.  I was impressed with how well they did for a 6th grade orchestra.  Of course, she is my kid...

I signed up to help with Grant's Zoo field trip.  I have been waiting through 4 kids to help with this one!  (It always takes a 4 hour commitment and I have always had smaller ones at home that I didn't know what to do with.)


Avery had her Renaissance Fair, and she chose to be the Queen.  When I asked her why, she said it was because the queen gets to eat first.  She's a girl after my own heart.
This is her friends that she worked with on her booth, to sale her wares.  They had the tallest girl and the smallest girl in 6th grade.  Grant and I went and helped with her feast, after we got back from the Zoo.
Ryan had a field trip to the Museum of Natural History, and I couldn't make it work with my schedule, so Dustin got to go on this one.

 I helped with the kid's Field Day at the school.  And by Field Day, I mean water games and popsicles.
 

 Grant graduated from Kindergarten!

 His teacher, Mrs. Armknecht, has taught 3 of my 4 kids.  She is wonderful!
 Abi and Lili came to support.
Avery graduated from 6th grade.  She is on to Junior High next year!  Wow!  Something funny that happened about graduation was that when Grant had his picture taken in a cap and gown, he came home kind of bothered and embarrassed because the cap didn't fit his head and he had to wear the 6th graders cap (they were taking pictures on the same day).  When Avery got home that day, she said with disgust, that the 6th grade gown didn't fit her, and she had had to wear the kindergartner's gown.  Ha!

In the middle of all that, Dustin and I celebrated our 14th Anniversary (Ivory was the gift).
I had my preschool graduation.  Lynnette also graduated...


I went with the girls' book club to see the Princess Academy at BYU.  It was a lot of fun.
We had our last day watching Abi and Lili.  They are starting kindergarten next year!  Sad day for us. (I told them to smile that big.  I promise, we are sad)

Needless to say, the end of school exhausted me.  And we left for a week vacation to California the next day, so I was also cleaning, packing, shopping and getting ready for a long vacation.  But that will be another post.  And now that the vacation is over, I can really start our Summer Vacation!  More than likely, we will stay just as busy!

No comments: