My kids are just finishing up ice skating lessons this week through our Rec Center. They will only take 6 lessons total, but it has been amazing to see their improvement on the ice. Here is Avery and Maren.
Here is Grant's class. I convinced him to do this instead of karate. Am I a terrible mother? I hope not. The 6 class, $37 price tag on ice skating beat out the 6 month, $600 commitment of karate. Maybe someday he can still become a ninja warrior, but until then, maybe he can become a hockey warrior.
During one of the lessons, this little sweetie came and sat with me. Look at those serious little cheeks.
My parents have been at my sister's house, taking care of those serious little cheeks. My dad wanted to take us all ice skating before they left. When I was a kid my dad used to take us ice skating on a pond near our house. I remember the ice being very bumpy (no zamboni for the pond), and my dad reminded me of how the ice would crack under our feet as we skated. It sounds a little scary. I must have had a lot of trust in my dad.
Here we are getting ready for a race around the track. I had already gone around it once in 45.66 seconds-the fastest time up to that point. Then we all decided to do it together.
Here I am trying to get up after I completely wrecked on the final stretch of the race. See that red finish line? I would have beat my time by 10 seconds! And besides that, it really hurt when I crashed. Ice is really hard! I thought that my hip bone might have been broken, and I almost threw up/passed out right after I got up. Apparently, I'm a little dramatic. That is what I get for acting like I'm 20 instead of 37.
Some other things have been happening besides just ice skating and injuries. Grant and I went on a date to the Planetarium. That was fun.
Our family went to the Provo City Center Temple open house. It is a beautiful building!
Avery played a lot of Young Women's basketball.
And I went to my friend's cabin for a little Girl's Retreat Weekend with these neat ladies.
They are all really mature.


1 comment:
I love the memories of ice skating on the pond. I'm so glad you had fun on your girls' weekend!
Post a Comment