Sunday, July 10, 2016

Ryan's 9th Birthday in Seattle

 Ryan turned nine last week.  Just like with each of my kid's birthdays, I am having a hard time accepting that nine years have gone by since Ryan joined our family.  This year, on Ryan's birthday, we were just wrapping up a family vacation/family reunion in the Northwest.  In fact, we celebrated his birthday the night before because everyone was going their separate ways the next morning.  So Ryan got a birthday party, attended by 36 cousins, uncles, aunts and grandparents.  Lucky kid!
Aunt Rosa's birthday was 2 days later, so we did a double party.
 Lots of fun gifts.

 And fun people.
 The next day (his actual birthday), our little family made a trip to downtown Seattle to visit Pike's Place and eat yummy donuts (both are traditions for us in Seattle).


 We also visited the famous Gum Wall.
 More than once, I had to tell my kids not to eat any of it.  So gross.
Ryan is such a fun part of our family.  He has a lot of natural athletic ability, and his favorite thing right now is to play catch with mom or dad.  I try to make it happen whenever he asks, because I'm afraid that one of these days, he'll stop asking me.  And because I actually love playing catch.  Ryan is a great student, did a great job of taking charge of his homework this past year, and loves math the most.  He is quick to hug me and tell me he loves me, or grab my arm and drape it around his neck while we walk.  He is a gentleman and a big helper and we love him a lot!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

I love when we get to celebrate a niece or nephew's birthday! We love Ryan so much.