We now officially have a teenager in our house! I'm not really sure how that happened, but she is a great teenager to have around! For her birthday this year, Avery wanted to help make her cake. She wanted an oreo cake, so we found a couple of delicious looking ones and combined them. It turned out delicious!
Earlier in the day her friends kidnapped her and took her to lunch, and we also had swim lessons, so it was a low-key birthday. But, we had Jen's family and Grandma Lana over for the celebration.
This year Maren passed up Avery in height, which wasn't too fun for Avery, but overall, she is still fine with being short, and proud of being the smallest one in her class (even now that she is in Jr. High!). She is a respectful, fun, happy daughter. She loves to laugh and she is super organized and hard working in school. She is doing wonderful on the violin and is planning to do that again next year in 8th grade. She is a great example to those around her and we love having her for a daughter!
The week before Avery's birthday was filled with other fun things. We took a day and drove to see my Grandma at her home in Delta. We always have a lot of fun on her farm and visiting with her. She is definitely getting older, which is a little hard for me, but then she'll have moments where her same ol' spunkiness will come out and she makes us laugh with her silliness. I love her. My dad was there taking care of her, while my mom was taking care of my younger sister who recently had a baby. So we got to see him for an early Father's Day.
Apparently I was so engrossed in conversation that I didn't even notice the shenanigans going on next to me...
Then it was really Father's Day for this awesome dad. We love him sooo much!
We are officially at the stage where I have to bribe them that if they will take a nice picture, then they can take a silly one. Aren't they too old for this? Maybe it is early stages of rebellion. I do have a teenager now...
One night we went to a Brazilian Bosa Nova band concert downtown with Grandma Lana. The kids were a little more interested in the water features nearby.
Until the dancing lessons started.
Avery went on a Book of Mormon Qwest for one day of youth conference (that was all the Beehives and Deacons did of it).
It sounds like a pretty amazing production, and she had fun for her one day.
While she was gone, we took the rest of the kids to a car show that Grant had been begging to go to. That kid loves cars.
This was one of the biggest dogs I had ever seen. You are not getting the full effect here. It's face was much bigger than my head. And I have a big head, folks.
They were loving the race car. Grant was a little disappointed that there were no Lamborghini's. But the race car made them happy.
And my friend, Donna, turned 90! We went to her birthday celebration and had fun visiting with her and her family. I love this woman. I am still mourning her moving from next door, but we talk on the phone and occasionally I go see her. I miss her a lot!
No comments:
Post a Comment