Sunday, August 21, 2016

More Summer Fun

When I first was starting this post, I was thinking that it showed things we have done throughout the summer.  Then, as I looked closer at these pictures, I realized that most of these things happened in the same week!  What a busy time!
This was actually another week, but the kids and I went swimming at a nearby water park.  They are all tall enough this year to go down the water slides on their own.  That is a huge feat for our family.
This is just a cute little man and an incredible hulk.
 We went with Dustin's mom to a Piano Guys concert.  They did an amazing job!

 Ryan's egg survived in his scout Egg Launch!  It was a proud moment for our family.
We've spent some time playing at parks this summer.

 And dressing up.
Our friends invited us over to play on a bouncy water slide in their backyard one day.  Even I joined in this time, and it was a lot of fun.
 The week of the 24th of July Avery left for Girl's Camp.  It was a long week without her, but she had a great time and made fun memories.
 
 This picture was sent to me by one of her leaders.  She was about to drop into the leach infested lake.
 That same week, Dustin's niece, Briana, flew in from California to start her mission to Chicago, Illinois.  We picked her up from the airport and I got to be her mission companion for a day before we dropped her off at the Provo MTC.  It was a lot of fun.

 We ate ice cream at the BYU Creamery after.
Also during that week we went to check out the Pioneer Day floats.  They are pretty amazing and elaborate.  
 

  We had a mud day at Jen's house.  She is in the middle of changing her backyard, and we thought it would be fun to let the kids just go for it with the mud.  And it was fun.  So fun that Jen and I seriously considered joining in.





  These next pictures may look like more mud day, but this is actually from a camping trip we took later that week, after Avery got home from Girl's Camp.  It was the Losee Reunion, and we got nearly as dirty as in Jen's backyard.
Addie didn't like the dirt in her eyes. 
Avery's feet.  Yikes.
 Running the fishpond.
 Waiting patiently for their fish to bite.
After the reunion we headed down to Cedar so that we could check out the new facilities for the Utah Shakespearean Festival.  Dustin's firm helped with the plans and we wanted to see the finished product before the summer was over.  It turned out beautiful.

 We also had the chance to visit with one of my best friends, Christie, and her husband, Scott.  She is battling some nasty cancer and is one of the most positive people that I know!  It was a fun visit.  I just love her.
 Beautiful Cedar sunset.
 Grant and I broke out the old skates from 1985.  I could barely squeeze into Chad's.
Monday, before we left for home, we went to the Cedar City Pioneer Day festivities.  It was blazing hot and so after a few bouncy slides and some races, we were ready for some air conditioning.  Those poor, poor pioneers from 1847... 
 We drove home that afternoon and straight to Gramma Lana's for a BBQ and fireworks to finish off our Pioneer Day, and a super busy week!

1 comment:

Jen said...

So fun! When you lay it out like that, you guys look super busy!