All throughout the summer, we went on different "field trips" that I plan for a neighborhood group. Really, anyone is invited, so sometimes we end up with a lot, and sometimes just a few of us. We did some fun things though. The first field trip was to the International Peace Gardens.
Nose picker.
The second week we went to the Gilgal Sculpture Gardens. It was a super hot day, so we hurried through these interesting sculptures. And we didn't see the sign that said to stay off until we had taken a couple of great pictures right on them.
Another one was to take a tour of the Vivant Smart Home Arena, where the Utah Jazz play. The lady who does the tours is in my ward, so she is great to offer to do it for us. We have toured this before, but this time was fun because we got to go down onto the court and also see how they are putting it all together. That was neat.
The kids are having a race.
This is the opposing team's locker room.
And their showers, which were very exciting to the kids, for some reason.
We had a first year preschool class reunion!! So fun! I sure love these kids.
We even ran into some Jazz players, who were nice enough to stand very still while we took pictures with them.
Another week we took a tour of the Cathedral of the Madeleine in downtown Salt Lake. This is Utah's oldest Catholic church, and it is ornate and beautiful.
Lots of beautiful stained glass, that had to be cleaned about 50 years ago by taking each little piece out, cleaning it and then putting it back together like a puzzle. That would have been stressful for me.
Another week we escaped the incredibly hot summer by driving up the canyon to the Brighton Nordic Loop Trail. This is a nice little hike and the temperature was much more tolerable up there!
Ahh, the mountains. My favorite. And those girls, too.
We took (another) tour of a chocolate factory. I think we've done this one every year for at least 3 or 4 years. While I am planning, I ask my kids what they want to do, and this one always gets requested. I don't complain. There are yummy samples.
We also went to a movie one week and had a potluck lunch at my house to finish the summer off. Lots of fun field trips!
The end of field trips mark the end of summer for us. And all too soon (or maybe not--the kids fought like crazy the last week or so before school started), school started and we are back into it!
Avery is in 8th.
Maren is in 6th (last year of elementary for her).
Ryan is in 4th.
And Grant is in 2nd.
I could only get Grant to take a picture with the cute, trendy signs the PTA provided.
Time is flying by!! I can't believe how old they are!
And even Dustin got a first day pic (even though his first day was a while ago. I bought him a new shirt, so that deserved a picture).
No comments:
Post a Comment