Sunday, May 21, 2017

Easter and Other Things That Happened A Month Ago

A long time ago, the buds were out on the trees, and Spring was so beautiful.  And we took our kids to walk around the Capital.



 And somewhere around that time, it was also Easter!  So we celebrated in our usual Easter ways, including dying Easter eggs, egg hunts, and an FHE with a treasure hunt having to do with the last week of the Savior's life.




 The kids find their baskets on Saturday morning.  The older they get, the harder we hide them.



 Then it was off to a 30 second easter egg hunt at the park.



You can pick up a lot of eggs in 30 seconds!
 We went home from the park and had our own hunt in our backyard.  



 Dustin and I were filling eggs the night before at midnight, and we got a little silly.  I don't think I've ever had more fun stuffing Easter Eggs!  We were very excited to see how the kids felt about what we hid in their eggs this year...  Overall, they thought it was as funny as we did.  Mostly.


 Sometime last month we had a Pinewood Derby.  It was Grant's first one and Ryan's second.


 Dustin and his cars, I mean, the boy's cars.

 I went on a weekend Girl's retreat with my good friends.  We hiked, ate lots of treats, did a little yoga, watched movies and talked, all while finishing projects that we never have time to finish.  Multi tasking at its finest.



 Avery played dress up in Grandpa's clothes, while they were in Hawaii.
 With Dustin's family in town for Grant's baptism, (a month ago) we went to see the beautiful flowers at Temple Square.
Avery just had to be in the picture.



 Maren played photographer, and I was her willing model.


 And then I posed her.
 And I also made the children pose for one picture together.
 More of Maren's skills.



A homeless person?  No, it's just more of Maren's amazing pictures.




Lots of fun with family!
Another time the kids let the dog on the trampoline.
 And, then this happened.  I'm not really sure what exactly this is.  But, I'm pretty sure that is Grant in there.

1 comment:

Courtney said...

You're like me...when you get time to post it's like everything from the last 6 months :) I loved what you did when filling the eggs, so funny! Maybe when my kids are older we'll do something like that. At their age now, they'd probably just cry! And a girl's retreat sounds so nice! i definitely think I'll need one this summer to get away from my kids' fighting!