So, now May is over, and I am just writing about what we did in May. That seems to be the theme of how I feel lately: I just can't seem to get caught up. I accomplish one thing, just so I can move on to the other thing, and they are all overdue! Oh well, better late than never, right?
May was filled with beautiful weather, and we spent a lot of time outdoors enjoying it.
We made smores' with Gramma Lana.
Mother's Day happened. My kids always make me breakfast in bed, but this was their best effort ever. I even got real whipped cream!
Homemade gifts and cards are my favorite.
Pepper had a little surgery, and had to wear the cone of shame for a week, or so. The kids are very sad that we now won't ever have little Peppers around the house. Dustin and I aren't so sad.
After a few days, she was back to her old self.
Dustin helped out in Primary one Sunday. The chorister put him to good use while he was there. He is a good sport.
For my dad's 70th birthday, I put together a book of letters and pictures from people in his life (siblings, mom, kids, grandkids, etc.). It was so much fun to read the letters as they came in, and many of the pictures I had never seen before. I feel so blessed to have such an amazing father, who has impacted so many lives for good!
We also gave him a picture of Christ under the stars, because he taught us all to love to look at the stars and heavenward. Great dad!
Grant's class had career day, and I went and talked about the career of motherhood. I showed the kids all the different jobs a mom has to do, like scientist (we did an experiment), chef, chauffeur, accountant, teacher, and more. Being a mom is one of the most exciting jobs around! Dustin also went and talked about Landscape Architecture, and I was told by one mom that it was their child's favorite. So, maybe being a landscape architect is the other most exciting job around.
and it fell on the same night as Pack Meeting, where both boys were receiving advancements. So Dustin and I had to split up, and he went to the concert, and I got pinned.
That same week was the last week of preschool and graduation night. So exciting! I have loved this year of preschool. The kids were so smart and happy and the parents were incredibly supportive. We had tons of people in our backyard for graduation, and afterwards, we had a potluck dinner, planned by the kids. It is a nice time for me to be able to talk with each family and it is always a really fun night. It was a great ending to a great year.
Maren had her Renaissance Fair for 6th grade. They work on this for weeks, maybe months, and Maren's group sold Italian Sodas. Then they play games and do crafts and buy from each other's shops.
Jousting. We didn't get any pictures, but I also competed with Maren in jousting, and was knocked off twice in about 2 seconds flat.
Sheep throwing, with some big ol' sheep. Too funny!
Maren has a great group of friends. I'm so thankful!
Ryan got to ride in a limo with his primary class (his teachers last year own it). They were all very excited.
We finally were able to get a new car. It took about a month of really looking, and we finally found one-and then immediately drove it to Idaho to visit Grandpa on the Farm. Our old van was 14 years old (we'd had it for 10), and had almost 200,000 miles on it. It had started having more and more problems and so we decided it was time to retire the old things. Now, we feel like we are in the lap of luxury because our new van has automatic doors and a dvd player. I love the backup camera and the automatic trunk opener button on my key fob. Actually, I just love having a key fob!
We took Pepper to Idaho with us, and she became a true farm dog. We took her off the leash shortly after this picture was taken, and she loved the freedom of chasing cows, jumping (or being thrown) in the pond, running after the other dogs and rolling in the dirt. She was a happy puppy.
We've always thought that Ryan looks like Uncle Bert.
Monday was Memorial Day, so we went to the Buhl cemetery for their program and to see the graves.
And then to lunch and out to see and hike Balanced Rock, where Grandpa and Grandma had their first date many years ago.
The next day I was able to go with Grant on his field trip to the Natural History Museum. It was a lot of fun!
Now I am officially caught up to June, so I will probably see you all in another month!
No comments:
Post a Comment