We were obviously very busy this October. Too busy to document anything on here, which is now creating a lot of work for me, trying to get caught up! But it was such a happy, beautiful kind of busy, so I am making the effort.
Crazy Hair Day at school. We only have two kids to participate this year.
Lots of time was spent hauling Avery back and forth to Cross Country at the High School. But, this was also worth it. She has some great friends on the team, and she ended up doing well and having a lot of fun!
She even got athlete of the week for the team!
She ended the season with a PR, and we are so proud of her for giving it her all!
Dustin had a big birthday this year. So big, that he wanted a multiple day celebration, which we named (just getting done with New Orleans), "Old Farty Gras." Day one of the celebration was dinner at the Old Spaghetti Factory.
Day 2: Volleyball with friends at our church
That is a lot of candles!
Day 3: His actual birthday
A hearing aid for the elderly.
Tattoo toupee's
"You're Only Old Once" by Dr. Seuss
He's older than dirt, but he's still got the dance moves! Even in his old age, he makes us laugh a lot and we love him so much.
We also had lots of Halloween Fun in October. We made caramel apples.
We went to our neighbor's free event for her business at Wheeler Farm. We got to do the maze, pumpkin patch and hay ride. It was fun!
We carved those pumpkins and Gramma Lana came and joined in the fun.
Dustin entered his work's Chili Cook off, and won! I like to think that I had a small part in his victory, since I pretty much made the chili. Actually, I got it started while Dustin ran to the store to buy chipotle chili's, and then we both tasted and added and tasted some more. So, it was definitely a joint effort.
Maren had her first band concert. They sounded great! She is playing the trombone for now, but will be switching to the baritone soon.
Pepper got a haircut. We laughed so hard when we got her back from the groomers! I didn't even recognize her! I felt zero attachment to the little naked dog yapping around my legs while I paid the lady. That is probably why she looks so sad. She was feeling rejected.
So much fun with piles of leaves.
Grant competed in the Martin Luther King, Jr. speech contest at his school. He was competing against two other 3rd and 4th graders and won! A few weeks later he competed on the District level, and he did a great job there, but didn't win. We are so proud of him for memorizing part of the speech and giving it in front of judges and other kids and their families!
Giving his speech to the District judges.
So many beautiful hikes were taken during the month of October. The weather was gorgeous and the scenery was lovely.
More Halloween fun with our spooky Halloween dinner.
The Primary was in charge of the Ward Fall Festival/Talent Show. It was kind of a stressful thing for me (I am the Primary President). I decided it is much harder to plan a party for 200 people, than it is for like 16 four year olds. And the very next day we had to start planning for the Ward Christmas Party decorations. I thought I might end up with a rebellion on my hands from my presidency. But they are pretty amazing, and have handled it well.
And finally, the actual Halloween arrived!
Preschool teaching forces me to dress up.
Way, way too much candy!
And somewhere in all of that, we had a trip to Denver for Fall Break. But that post will have to be for another day.
No comments:
Post a Comment