I can't believe that Christmas is only a week away! As usual, it came so fast. And that is why I always decorate my tree before Thanksgiving! It helps the season to last a little longer. We have had a fun month of Christmas-ing. I seriously love this time of year. I love the lights, the parties, the general feeling of Good Will Toward Men. I love my Savior, Jesus Christ, and I love that He is on my mind so much more this time of year. What a great thing Christmas is!
We had some new neighbors and some old neighbors over to decorate gingerbread houses one night. The kids had fun, and probably ate as much as they decorated.
Avery also decorated gingerbread houses at a Christmas party with her friends.
There was even a third gingerbread house decorating party for the kids! Maren, Ryan and Grant had a little party with their friends. But, it wasn't at my house, so it was much easier for me. Grant will also be decorating gingerbread men at school this week. When it rains, it pours!
Our ward Christmas party was a lot of fun. The Primary Presidency did the decorations, and that was fun (and only a little stressful) for me. The entertainment was a lip sync, and so I helped with the Primary kid's song (but I delegated and was not in charge of that one). All of our kids participated. Santa came, and it was the first year that nobody asked for a dog for Christmas!
A member of my presidency made those wisemen. They turned out beautiful!
Grant being Kenny Rogers.
We've had a band concert for Maren, and an orchestra concert for Avery. Dustin and I tried to get in to the Mormon Tabernacle Choir Christmas Concert, but we were not successful. We still got to watch it on a big screen at the Tabernacle, so I guess we were a little successful.
My good friend Jenn, and I, went to visit my friend, Donna and had lunch together. She was our next door neighbor for many years. I love her and miss her.
Maren's art was selected to be displayed the Junior High.
Ryan is involved in a STEM club at school, and we went down for an open house and played with robots and catapults. It was fun!
And, we found a little carrot man! Even though he was mad, we still liked him.
No comments:
Post a Comment