Sunday, December 3, 2017

November in a Nutshell

Here is November in a nutshell, albeit a very large nutshell.  Cedar.  Multiple times.  One weekend we made a quick trip to attend the Cedar City Temple Open House.  It was beautiful and I am SO excited for the blessings a temple will bring to Cedar City!  It was also absolutely freezing!



 Good ol' Peter Shurtz got us a canyon and a road named after us.
 Later that day we escaped the freezing temperatures and wind and warmed up in St. George.  We love to come hiking here and we found a gem this time.












 And, Grandpa let the kids have a treasure hunt in his carrot garden.  They found many unique carrots.


Back at home, Maren began her baritone career (and her and Avery recreated Lindsey Sterling and her sister's video from Studio C.  If you haven't seen it, look it up.  It is very funny)
We had Abi and Lili for a night, and the whole family participated in a Turkey Trot fundraiser for the Cross Country team.  We made it out with a few ribbons and a few pies, and we found Lili after she got lost on her race route, so all in all, it was a success!


 And then it was back to Cedar for five days of family and Thankfulness!



 4 wheeling and hiking at 3 peaks the next day.  I nearly rolled the 4 wheeler on to Maren and myself, so I was very thankful when I didn't (with a little saving from Dustin)




 Hie-king at Kolob!  Get it?  (It's an old LDS Hymn.  I just made a super funny joke.  Trust me)





 Even Pepper enjoyed Thanksgiving (what she saw of it, anyway.  We kenneled her near my parents house for most of the trip)
One more important thing happened in November.  It was my birthday.  39 years young, folks.  My family had given me a little surprise party in Cedar, and because I love Christmas so much, all I really wanted to do for my actual birthday was walk around Temple Square and see the lights.  So that is what we did!






November was a good one!  And now we are in the most wonderful time of the year!  And that is good, too.

No comments: