Sunday, March 25, 2018

Some Excitement in the Month of March (Mostly Good)

We've had a little excitement in the month of March.  Most of it is good.  Dustin and I went on a date to see some BYU performers (thanks to his sick mom giving us her tickets).

 The girls got picked up for their Young Women etiquette dinner in this lovely limo, courtesy of a man in our ward who owns a car dealership.  They were excited.

 For Christmas, Nicole and Matt gave our family an hour of jump time at a trampoline park.  We finally used it and had so much fun!



 The girls finished up their Young Women basketball season with a first place for our Stake.  They lost their first Region game, so that was it, but they had fun.  They both did a great job and were key players for their team.  In fact, Maren has decided that she loves basketball.
 Dustin told me this was his spirit animal.
 We had our traditional Easter Family Home Evening.  The kids are maybe getting a little too big for Dustin to continue being the Donkey that Jesus rides into Jerusalum during the Triumphal Entry.  This nearly broke his back.
  St. Patrick's Day dinner!

 This was the not good excitement of March.  Grant was sewing the other day on Avery's sewing machine.  I was making dinner until he started screaming and I ran in to find he had sewn his finger.  In fact, his finger was totally stuck with the needle through it about an inch.  You should know that one thing I am totally grossed out by is skin and gross skin things.  But, I had to save my kid, so I grabbed his finger and pushed down hard and got it off of the sewing needle.  It went right through his finger nail!  It was seriously one of the grossest parenting moments yet.  Once we all calmed down and got the bleeding stopped, he was fine.  He is a pretty tough kid!
 Dustin blew the world's biggest bubble.
 It snowed.  Again and again.  Although, I'd rather have these mini storms that dump a lot of snow, and then melt the next day.  That's kind of nice.
 Lynnette and I drove to Cedar for our annual Tax Sales trip.  Dustin and the kids stayed home this time because of lots of soccer games, an orchestra competition and a birthday party.  We stopped in Beaver at midnight and took a picture on the Beaver Bench.
There was a remodel and so we utilized the nice new courthouse and vault (at least the furnishings).  This is possibly the last Tax Sale year for us.  We have been doing it for 25 years!  How would my parents have paid for our weddings without it!  How will I pay for my own kid's weddings without it??


 And, of course, we ate lunch at Hamburger Patty's in Parowan.  It was a fun Tax Sale day!

No comments: