Sunday, June 3, 2018

Finishing Up the Month of May and School!

May was filled with many fun activities.  As usual, every child seemed to have the end of the school year packed with events, and with 4 kids, it makes for a crazy month of May!
Avery had an orchestra concert.  I love to listen to my kids play music!
We took the younger three kids to the Chalk Art Festival.


 I went with Grant's class on a field trip to the City Offices, and apparently, Iron Man works at the City Offices!  Who knew!



 Maren also had a concert.  She plays the baritone, so that might be the top of her baritone that we can see there...
 It was Mother's Day!  I love Mother's Day.  I got some delicious breakfast in bed (coconut french toast with fresh berries and whipped cream!)  Here is a funny story about breakfast in bed for me: Dustin and the kids have done this every year since I started having children.  In Dustin's world, an ideal breakfast would be an egg breakfast sandwich of some form.  So, every year, for many years, I got an egg breakfast sandwich for breakfast.  I actually really don't love an egg for breakfast, it kind of makes me sick.  One day, recently, Dustin and I were talking about our favorite breakfast, and he said what his was, and I said what mine was and he was so surprised that it wasn't an egg breakfast sandwich!  Ha Ha! So this year, I got my favorite breakfast for Mother's Day!  Good job, honey!

 Those that made me a mother.

 We took Dustin's mom to dinner the night before, and then took the kids over on Sunday to visit and drop off a gift.

 Later that night we had strawberry shortcake and played games.  What a happy Mother's Day!
Ryan earned his Arrow of Light in Scouts!


He also had a Constitution Program with the 5th grade.  I went to his day time production, because that night was Preschool Graduation.
 Preschool Graduation!  We had a miracle in getting everything ready for this.  The yard needed some serious help, including fixing the playhouse, and replacing the trampoline pad and net, as well as getting all the chairs and tables set up.  Dustin got home from work later than we were hoping, so we had 1 hour to finish up all preparations, and somehow we did it!  Both Dustin and I (independently) felt like time slowed down for that hour so that we could get it all done.  I was grateful!  And the graduation was a success!  It was a great ending to a great year!

 Older siblings who were former students came to watch and that was a fun reunion.



The next weekend was Memorial Day weekend and we started work on fixing up Maren's room.  We like to be busy.  We took Monday off to go to Logan to put flowers on graves.



 Avery had the 9th grade Honor's Night.  She earned lots of honors.  We are proud of her!  And, we can hardly believe that next year we will have a child in high school!  If time could just slow down a little more often...

 Her and her best friend, Annie.
It was Field Day for the boys.  I didn't get to help with Grant, so I just showed up and watched for a little bit.  I did get to help with Ryan's group.  I was in charge of the Sponge Fight.  It was a little wild.  


We finally made it to the last day of school!!  That night we had lots of friends over to play night games and watch an outdoor movie.
The next day was our nieces', Abi and Lili, baptisms.

 And, it was also our anniversary.  17 years!!  We went to the temple and to dinner.  The gift for 17 years is furniture, so we spent some time testing out chairs in a furniture store.  I love being married to Dustin!


No comments: