We are so busy right now. These are some of the things that are keeping us busy:
Preschool (I am wearing "alphabet bugs" all over me).
We find time for friends
The Candy Bomber came and did a fireside in our ward, and it was so good. He is 97 years old! I read the book about him a few years ago, and he became one of my heroes. This was a happy moment when I got to meet him. I almost cried.
The girls are both running track with the Junior High. They have done really well and it is so fun to watch them race!
Maren and her friend, Sydney.
We went to the Jordan River Temple open house. It was beautiful.
Lots of musical instruments are happening around the house.
Both boys are playing recreation soccer. One practice and at least one game a week for each, is keeping us busy. But it is fun to watch them play.
This is actually a moment of "non-busy" but it is cute.
We have piano lessons and had a recital.
The boys made and raced their pinewood derby cars.
Ryan had a Wax Museum in school. He was Bill Gates, and had to memorize his little speech. He did a great job!
Maren finished up her recreation volleyball season.
We went to Cedar City for the funeral of one of my best friends from high school, Christie Perkins. She had battled cancer for 5 years, with such a peaceful, faithful attitude. She trusted Heavenly Father, and allowed the Atonement of Jesus Christ to strengthen her. She was inspiring! We have had a lot of fun together since we were 12 years old. She always made me laugh! I will miss her.
This was us at our 20 year reunion last summer.
The funeral was happy and sad. We actually laughed a lot at funny stories that she requested be told, because that's how great she is.
Even though we were only there for 24 hours, we still had fun visiting with Grandma and Grandpa, playing croquet and celebrating Grandpa's birthday.
I also took Avery driving for the first time, on the same roads that I learned to drive on. She did awesome (of course, we didn't get above 10 miles per hour, and it was a dirt road, in the middle of nowhere. But still, awesome!). She gets her learner's permit in a month, and she is so excited.
We hurried home from the funeral so that we could attend the baby blessing of our sweet little niece, Alayna. Someone beautiful leaving life, and someone beautiful entering it. It is the plan.
And we stopped by to visit Donna, who I also love. She was our dear neighbor and I still miss visiting with her every day.
I'm pretty sure time has sped up in the last few years. Sometimes I feel like I'm just hanging on for dear life, trying to keep up with every thing that we need to do. But, it is a good time and a happy time, too! And, I feel blessed!
No comments:
Post a Comment