Sunday, September 30, 2018

All The Things We've Done In September

Here are some of the many things we've done in September:
We started out by boating with our friends on September 1st, Labor Day.  It was so much fun!


We have been harvesting our garden.  We have LOTS of carrots and beets this year (and just a little of everything else).  Homegrown carrots are the best!  They produce such exciting shapes!  This is our "chicken foot" carrot.

A lot of this kind of thing happened in September-general abuse of Dad.
 I have no idea where this picture came from.  Judging from Dustin's badge around his neck, some sort of law breaking must have happened at work.
 We did some service in September.  This was service for Eyes 4 Zimbabwe, which we have helped with for a few years and we always have fun sorting clothes and other supplies to be sent to Zimbabwe.
  Grant found a miracle frosted mini wheat.
 I bottled a lot of fruit this month.  This was one of my pear days, up at Jen's house.  I had two neighbors give me tons of pears, which was so nice!  I also did peaches.  And, I haven't even started with my many beets and tomatoes.  One of these days... (hopefully before they are all rotten).  
 Ryan went on his first scout camp out with Dustin.

 We are living the soccer dream right now.  Both boys play, and Dustin coaches Grant's team.  Every Thursday and Saturday it fills our lives.  And, both boys have yellow jersey's this year, so I'm not even sure who is in this picture!
Just like that, September is over and we are now enjoying pumpkin smelling candles, and Fall decorations, and cooler evenings.  It is my favorite time of year!

No comments: