I turned 40 a couple of weeks ago. 40??!! That's a pretty big milestone. So we celebrated with really big portions of food at Buca de Bepo (and a really big bill...).
This was seriously so much food! Enough for multiple meals throughout the next week. It was the birthday gift that kept on giving. And, I got this monster dessert for free! Just because I turned 40! (or, maybe just because I had a birthday, in general).
My birthday request was to go see the lights on Temple Square. It is my favorite. Tuesday nights, still in November, are good for low crowds, and we had great weather. Perfect!
And then we hurried home to open presents and read scriptures (we are trying to finish the Book of Mormon before the end of the year, and I think we are going to make it!). Dustin and the kids always make me feel so special! I am very lucky.
I have such an amazing family! My siblings sent me texts on my birthday, of "40 things we love about Carolyn". It was very sweet! Later on in the week we had birthday party #2 with my local sisters and their husbands. We had dinner at a Thai restaurant, and this was the only picture I took: Lynnette's huge mug o' coke.
The next morning I had a mid-life crisis and cut 8 inches off of my hair.
That night our ward threw me a big birthday party, and called it "The Ward Christmas Party". That was so nice of them! They even let me be in charge of the food and Nativity. They are the best! Grant is up there in that Nativity somewhere. His class performed it and his teachers planned it all and they did a great job.
Santa and the Mrs. even came for my party. They are my BFF's.
The next week Dustin surprised me with a party with some of my other favorite friends. He worked very hard to plan this fun evening, and I was at least partially surprised... We had dinner and a fun Headbands game that Dustin created, centered around me, and then we all went to an Escape Room. We escaped with 2 seconds left! Woohoo!
It was such a sweet, fun, surprise-filled birthday (that I have been having for the last 2 weeks). I am so grateful for such wonderful family and friends, who made me feel very loved!
No comments:
Post a Comment