This month has flown by! When I looked at these pictures, it really feels like just yesterday that we were doing these things. I have many things that I am thankful for this month. One of which, is that soccer ended...
I mean, I'm thankful that my boys had the chance to play soccer. Dustin even got to be the coach for Grant's team! It was very exciting.
Cross Country also ended for Avery! (Seriously though, I am thankful that my kids have these opportunities. I know it is a blessing. But, I am also thankful when we get to have a little bit of a break from all of the activities. It is nice to not have to run kids all over the city every day).
Yes, you guessed it. I am very thankful for dentists! Our dentist, in particular, is amazing. She has become a good friend after all these years of regular checkups. I texted her with this picture, and she met me at her office a few minutes later, glued the broken piece back in place, and all is well with Grant's smile.
The girls, Dustin and I had a fun night out with my book club to see the Scarlet Pimpernel. Someone had to cancel, so we took the extra tickets. It was a great night! I am definitely thankful for time with my family (and my book club ladies).
I am really thankful for my friends. I went with these wonderful friends to Time Out For Women. It was fun, uplifting, and gave me a lot to think about.
Some of their daughters were also going, and they ended up with an extra ticket that Maren got to use. She loved Time Out For Girls, and it was fun for me to have her there and to meet up during breaks and lunch.
Maren got to be a ball girl for Weber State one night. She had a fun time. I'm thankful for volleyball. I know, it is a stretch, but I am actually thankful for volleyball. I love it. And, I love that my kids love it, too.
Time spent with Dustin is always a blessing! We went on an all day date to Park City, to shop and eat lunch. He had Veterans Day off of work, and he is so wonderful, that he came Christmas shopping with me so that we could get a jump on it. What a good husband!
We decorated for Christmas!! At the risk of coming across as the "Crazy Christmas Lady," I have to say that I really really get excited for Christmas. It really is the most wonderful time of the year. And, I'm actually totally secure in my early decorating, early Christmas song listening, love of all things Christmas! It makes me happy.
I am thankful for sisters. And pie. And making pies with sisters.
I love Thanksgiving! You know I love Christmas, but Thanksgiving is like the beginning of Christmas! We hosted this year, and Gramma Lana, our niece Briana, and Jen's family all came. The food was delicious, the company was fun, the paper plates were cute and huge. What a great day!
So many yummy pies!
The next day we decided to make a quick weekend trip to my parent's house. We watched a cheesy Christmas movie and a lot of football, played pool, ate pie, went to the Cedar Temple with the girls, helped my mom decorate her Christmas tree, visited with friends from high school, and went bowling. And then watched more football. It was such a nice couple of days. I'm really grateful for my parents. I love them a lot.
I really do have a lot to be thankful for. It is such a great time of year to be reminded of all of the ways that the Lord has blessed us!
No comments:
Post a Comment