Sunday, February 10, 2019

Milestones and Other Exciting Things

That last few weeks have been filled with fun events, milestones in our lives, and just regular life excitement.  One thing that I have thought about through all of these things, is how important the Gospel of Jesus Christ is in our lives.  And, how much we love our family!
Grant earned his Bear award in scouts.  He just loves this form of hazing (oops, I mean this fun face painting ritual).
 We have had so much snow!!  We got about 12 inches over a couple of days last week.  And we have more tonight and more scheduled for this week.  I'm kind of over it and ready for some warmer weather that doesn't require me shoveling my driveway and desperately trying to keep ice off of it!  But the kids are having fun with it.

 And the dog likes it, too.
 Two weeks ago Dustin was made the bishop of our ward at church.  Both of our parents came and supported us (my mom and dad had just flown in from Tahiti a couple of days earlier and hadn't been in their own ward yet in January!)  His dad was able to ordain him a High Priest so that the Stake President could ordain him to the office of a Bishop.
 I am really so grateful for supportive parents!


The new bishopric.
 Pepper really loves my dad.
 In other exciting news-Ryan gets to play Young Men's basketball with our ward.  It is really fun to watch him, and the big boys are nice to give the smaller ones a chance.  The girls also play (but I have no pictures) and they do such a good job!  Maren is kind of a superstar on the basketball court.
 I am still Primary President (for a couple more weeks, anyway).  Our primary has really gotten smaller in the last couple of years.  Here are the cuties (at least some of them).
 And, here is the girl's young women group from New Beginnings Night (at least some of them).
 I'm not trying to brag or anything, but here is where I won the game of Pig Mania against my kids with my roll of a double porker.
 Grant participated in the spelling bee at his school.  He was pretty nervous, but he did a well and at least made it through round one.
And that is some of the big stuff that has been going on around here.  Exciting times at our house!

1 comment:

Carmen said...

whoa, bishop, that's a heavy calling for the whole family. I'll send good thoughts your way for the duration :)